Chapter Twenty Six

"Hi" My voice had turned into a squeak and I had to take a moment to swallow to regain it. Aiden looked amazing, not like the angry, stormy body I saw on the field a few days before.

"Hi, can I come in?" His smile stayed planted on his face but his eyes didn't match, he was putting on the smile.

"Sure" I stepped to the side to allow him to enter and as he passed, his smell overtook my nose, it was gorgeous and I recognised it. My stomach dropped, he was wearing the same scent as Gale, the situation had already become awkward for me and we had barely said anything.

It was almost like old times, Aiden casually walked in and fell onto the coach making himself comfortable and I sat down by his side, I could feel his heat radiating from his body. "How are you?" I realised how long it had been since we spoke and I felt as if he was a stranger which was unnatural but it was better than not talking at all.

"Not bad, you?"

"Good, so tell me about you and Gale" I could tell he was struggling to keep the smile to his face but he tried and his eyes were burning into mine but it was good to see them this close again.

"Nothing to tell" I admitted, there was things to tell but they were things I told to Alex not to him. A flash of anger crossed his face or was it jealousy, I wasn't sure but either was just as bad.

"Are you together?" The smile finally disappeared now and I preferred that I was gone, he was showing his true emotions making me more comfortable.

"Um, no" I wasn't sure what to say because I didn't know myself, if he had asked me this yesterday then my answer would have been 'No' but since that kiss with Gale, I wasn't sure myself. The kiss, the soft, luxurious kiss, I snapped the memories out of my mind.

"You hesitated" Aiden shuffled and finally broke the stare between us to look around the room. He was struggling to deal  with the idea of Gale. I thought I would have enjoyed this, Aiden being jealous, I mean that's why I started this whole deal with Gale right? To make Aiden jealous, but it wasn't as fun as I thought, I didn't like it because I think I am having feelings for the wrong guy. Who is the wrong guy? Am I meant to like Gale because he is better for me and I am overly attracted to him or Aiden because he was my one and only and I do miss him. My emotions were becoming all tangled.

"We're not, it's complicated" It was the truth but I didn't need another complicated relationship, I already had one with Aiden.

"I miss you" The statement blew me away, I actually blinked my eyes a few times to try and wake myself from this daydream but it wasn't a daydream, this was reality. I moved some fallen hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. This was something I was not expecting Aiden to say. He was hanging around with all the girls that loved him, living the single life, the one that wanted to live the single life and now he was coming back to me just when I was potentially moving on. Anger churned inside of me but I held it down.

"I miss you too" His face lit up but dimmed again when he realised that mine didn't light uo with his.

"What?" He asked.

"I miss our friendship Aiden, not our relationship. You really hurt me, probably scarred me and you can't take it back. I don't even think I can take you back as a boyfriend, but I need you. I need you by my side like you used to be all the time." Tears were forming in the back of my eyes but I didn't let them develop, I needed to be strong for my own sake. Gale was my new boy best friend but that didn't mean I didn't want Aiden back as the other one. When I thought about Gale being my best friend I had to breathe deeply to calm my heart rate and butterflies. It hit me, Aiden was my best friend and turned into a best friend with benefits. I just kissed Gale, did that mean that's what we were now. I closed my eyes and leaned back forgetting Aiden was beside me. I opened my eyes to see Aiden with a tear running down his cheek, it melted my heart.