00: prologue + cast

GAME OVER EXO

❝treat me like a game, and i'll show you how it's played

treat me like a game, and i'll
show you how it's played.

. . .

The Monday morning of October 24th offered a chilly, gentle wind along with fresh, open air surrounding the horizon from the previous night's light rainfall. The thick clouds made the sky look dull, gray. Raindrops shimmered on the moist autumn leaves, leaving the scent evocative.

Despite the depressing weather, the five hundred sixty students of Northwood high school remained in their usual state of optimism and excitement. Maybe that's what made Northwood High the most anticipated and famous educational institution in the city of Baltimore. Along with flawless grades, all of the students were indeed one of a kind, almost barely failing to be successful.

Seventeen-year-old Kyungsoo was one of these students. Although he wasn't the most popular senior at the complex, he was well known for his understanding and positivity. Teachers had noticed he was ambitious in everything he did. It was for this reason that he was awarded the certificate of "excellence in character and citizenship." last May. Kyungsoo's laid-back personality allowed him dominance in his quartet of best friends. It didn't trouble anyone, either.

Kyungsoo made his way to the basement in which the cafeteria was located. He walked to the table his friends and him always sat at. He looked around. The cafeteria was nearly empty. Dim lighting, young freshman reading novels, and a few teachers on parole. It smelled of cheap bacon and cleaning products. Kyungsoo glanced at his watch.

7:36 AM

Where is everyone?

It wasn't typical for students at Northwood to take a day off, much less Kyungsoo's friends.

Kyungsoo leaned back against the frigid wall, his teeth beginning to chatter.

For being one of the most well-known high schools in the city, Northwood could sure work on it's heating system, Kyungsoo thought.

He continued to play on his phone, when he heard his name. He looked up.

A few yards away paced a quite frantic Chanyeol, almost tripping on a janitor and apologizing shortly after.

Chanyeol was an expertise at keeping himself and his friends in a great mood with his enthusiastic qualities as a person. He brought light into the group. And, no matter how irritating he would be at times, they dealt with it. Alongside with his humorous personality, Chanyeol's lifelong dream was to become a surgeon. Kyungsoo wondered how someone as goofy as Chanyeol could want to become a doctor.

"Dude, I have good news and bad news!"

"Hello to you, too. What's the good news?"

"Suho asked Valerie Kim out to the Halloween Dance! Yes, you heard right! I can't believe the little shit had the guts to walk up to her! I mean have you seen Valerie?!"