19: game over - part one

. . .

THE FINAL BATTLE

Leading up to twilight, the sun's rays had provided all of the illumination they'd need. The ground was lumpy and Kyungsoo had zero experience - substantial hindrances indeed, he thought. But he chose not to think about those things right now.

All he could remember were the subtle yet wretched bruises on Suho's face, the ruthlessly destroyed power-source, and the downfall Kai had seemed to promise. He remembered all of these distinctly, almost tactically; these images fueled and angered him the more he thought about them. Still sharp in his mind.

However, they served as a source of motivation, too. Motivation to redeem himself and apologize to his friends. It was the least he could do. (Not that he had a choice at this point, anyway.) And of course, this type of motivation wasn't a healthy kind, but that didn't matter.

Looking at the remorseless face that mirrored him, Kyungsoo wondered what he ever saw in Kai. Someone incapable of love or emotion. A monster, at that. He anxiously clutched his falchion while his other hand kept opening and closing in nervous energy.

Kai waited, positioning himself so that he was in a desirable stance. His chest was stained with dirt and he radiated a rather arrogant aura... as if he was confident and knew that he'd win this match.

Kyungsoo begged to differ.

Chanyeol coming forward and delivering the first blow caught both Kyungsoo and Kai by surprise. Waves of adrenaline struck Kyungsoo as he launched forward with Chanyeol so that the two were now in direct combat with the enemy.

Kai swung his sword and transferred his body weight onto it; his wrist vibrating against the metaled hilt. Balance was essential, and so Chanyeol retreated leftwards, tracing his steps so that he carefully dodged Kai's blows. The two were submerged in their own, personal battle. The tedious clink-clacking of the swords characterized the air until Kai had knocked Chanyeol to the ground.

He's fast. I'll have to be faster.

Chanyeol groaned in pain. After all, he was human and fighting Kai wasn't only both emotionally and physically exhausting, but the sense of never-ending stress seemed to trounce their every move.

Kai was one heck of a swordsman.

Player 3: DEFEATED

With a swift turn of his head, Kai emerged from the ground and took advantage of his height, towering over Suho, who traced the elder's steps, trying to get a hint of his attacking pattern. Kai's sword was heavier and stronger than his opponents'. Despite Suho's vulnerabilities, (being weak, timid, and delicate as a person, as well) he landed an impressive blow between Kai's inner thigh to disrupt his balance, and it did, surprisingly. Suho presented Kai to a series of continuous slashing, trying to avoid the fact that he was a nervous wreck.