05: buried secrets

TW: mentions of suicide

. . .

LEVEL ONE: STAGE THREE

It was approximately four hours after the storm had died down – Kyungsoo awoke. It was cold.

It didn't come to his realization that Suho was missing until after he'd watched the scenery out the window. The pale, blue sky hovered behind the gloomy clouds. There was fog everywhere. A cool wind ushered into the room, making Kyungsoo shiver.

He took a quick look at the screen — all of the boys' lives were full except for Suho.

He frowned.

"Suho?"

Kyungsoo rose up – bear foot – and walked towards the door.

Sehun turned, his voice low. "Hey," He looked over at the other bed where Suho had slept next to Kyungsoo. "Where's Suho?"

"I don't know." He replied, slipping on his sneakers.

The two exited the room and slowly walked throughout the hallway. Kyungsoo paused.

Blood; dried up, and a knife, cold as ice.

His heart skipped a beat at the cold realization that Suho's hat laid there, beside the knife.

"Sehun," He swallowed.

"Hey, guys, wait up!" Chanyeol paced towards his friends. He felt confused when he saw his friends in mere shock.

"What happened – " Chanyeol studied their faces and then looked down. "Oh, my, God." He whispered, shuddering.

Sehun nodded, "This is Suho's hat," He dragged his fingers over it.

"What the hell?" Kyungsoo whispered.

"We have to find him. Jesus, I hope the dweeb's okay." Chanyeol said, in frustration.

"Guys, what if —" Sehun quickly recalled to the screen showing Suho having zero lives.

"No, Sehun, it's not possible." Kyungsoo caught his breath in his throat.

An awful silence passed.

Kyungsoo let out a deep breath, looking at his friends, "Let's go,"

. . .

"Sir Charles?" Kyungsoo's stern voice echoed in the halls of the third floor.

The three stood in front of 3-A, hoping that Sir Charles might've seen Suho somewhere throughout the night. After hours of searching every room of the inn, they couldn't find Suho anywhere.