06: lose yourself

TW: mentions of suicide

. . .

LEVEL ONE: STAGE 4

"He was so rude."

"You're the one to talk, Chanyeol."

Sehun let out a deep breath, starting to read a couple of newspaper articles. Chanyeol followed his lead and picked up the first journal he caught sight of.

Kyungsoo, however, was annoyed. Annoyed because Baekhyun had practically tricked them. Annoyed because Suho was nowhere to be found. And, annoyed because they seemed to be stuck on level one with almost no final answer on the death of Valerie Kim. In frustration, Kyungsoo put his hands on his face.

Kyungsoo sat in silence, thinking hard - almost to the point that it made his head throb.

Use your brain, and you might just get out alive.

A silence passed.

"You know what I think?" Kyungsoo spoke up, staring into space.

"What?" Sehun said, his voice low.

"I think Valerie really was insane," He looked up, "When everyone called her crazy, it wasn't just for spicing up sentences."

"Yeah, and?" Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo.

"I mean, she said it herself, she was going mad. Remember her journal entries? Besides, there's no way that freak is normal. I mean, seriously, who dates an Inn owner?"

"What are you trying to say, Kyungsoo?" Sehun interrogated.

"I don't know; it's strange that Richard wasn't seen after the night she was killed. And, the fact that she literally lured him to room 3-B... " He spoke, "What if Baekhyun was right?"

"What are you implying?" Sehun asked.

"What if..." Kyungsoo took a breath, "Valerie murdered Richard?"

"I knew it! I told you I was right!" Chanyeol shot up, immediately recalling to when he'd mentioned it was maybe the other way around at the basement.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, motioning for Chanyeol to sit back down. "Hear me out, though. Chanyeol, you're right. Guys, think about it. Who wouldn't remember that they were murdered? Kai told us that she was confused and we had to help her. Maybe... maybe she doesn't remember that she was murdered, because she wasn't murdered."

"But then... how did she die? Let's say she did murder the love of her life, but that doesn't explain why she doesn't remember how she died." Sehun stated.

Chanyeol suddenly shot up again; his mouth opened like he had something important to say.

"Guys! I have a theory! What if, due to Valerie's craziness, she, um, lured Richard into room 3-B, killed him there, and then killed herself? Baekhyun said that someone else died in 3-B, someone special. He probably meant Richard."