08: the master

. . .

LEVEL TWO: STAGE ONE

The quartet had awoken with distress while faint uncertainty swam in their veins. Once again, they didn't know where they were, or what they had to do – but not for long.

Kyungsoo grimaced, placing his hands on his head. He looked up.

Player 1: Kyungsoo: Lives: Full

Player 2: Chanyeol: Lives: Full

Player 3: Suho: Lives: Full

Player 4: Sehun: Lives: Full

Frowning, Kyungsoo arose from the cruddy, hard sidewalk as the noon sun in the cloudless sky peered directly into his eyes.

We've... we've made it into level two? But, how?

Kyungsoo had never been in the city before, but he knew they were situated in New York. Maybe, it was the particular city vibe it gave out. Whatever it was, it sure wasn't pleasant.

But – had the city always been this... polluted? Kyungsoo took in his close-by surroundings. A deli stood dismantled at the end of the street. After a second, Kyungsoo realized its windows were broken. Three wrecked-up cars were parked along the road, the windows brutally shattered as well. One of the cars' alarm went off right at the second, startling him. From afar, Kyungsoo noticed the damaged buildings towering above.

It felt so vacant but it was evident to Kyungsoo that they weren't alone.

Kyungsoo counted his friends and he counted once more. There were four of them. Four.

Still not trusting his surroundings, he wanted to confirm.

It was oddly strange to Kyungsoo when all three of his friends awoke at the same millisecond, almost looking as if they'd woken up from a life-long coma.

Suho immediately shut his eyes, "Where are we?" He squeaked.

Suddenly, it felt as if the exhaustion from the previous level had... escaped them – as if they were starting fresh. It was bizarre.

Out of the blue, a smirking Kai walked towards the boys as they fixed their postures and stood – their gaze on him. He looked different this time. His hair was pushed back into a quiff, and his attire appeared to be slightly more formal than his previous clothes. The boys never really had the time to notice how handsome he was. Kai's features were now even more prominent under the illuminating sunlight.

Kai cocked his head up, "Welcome to n-y-c, boys." He shifted his gaze towards Suho, "I gotta say, you handled her pretty well back there. I'm impressed."