12: save me

. . .

LEVEL TWO: FINAL STAGE

As stage four slowly came to an end with rich and passionate fury, the four boys found it hard to recollect themselves. They felt as if every time they were faced with a threat – it'd become harder and harder to arise back with normal functioning.

And, even though Sehun had given his all to the fight with Minseok and his men, he still felt as if he was growing weaker by the second. Like he didn't have the same control over his body like he used to. He found himself growing cold at times when they're surrounded by heat and shaking constantly.

Kai, being the strong warrior he was, launched out all of his frustrated energy at Minseok, demanding to tell him where Chen was. Kai always knew when his friends lied. Of course, Minseok didn't go on and play ahead with Kai's little gesture; maybe it was because he was too smart to. No one knew Kai like Minseok.

Of course, Sehun and his companion had been the strongest – wiping out all of the masked men in one go.

And, during all of this, had Kyungsoo remained utterly unconscious.

This level has been weird, Suho thought. I don't think that's usually supposed to happen, though. I feel like we haven't really accomplished anything at all. How are we going to be promoted onwards to level three?

After Sehun had the chance, he paced towards Suho and Chanyeol and examined their slight injuries from earlier.

Chanyeol, being the lazy boy he was, stayed on the ground as he smiled at Sehun, "Who's your new girlfriend, there?"

"She's not my –" Sehun began to state, but shortly after, he fell to the ground. Hard.

Suho's eyes widened, "Sehun!"

"Shit," Chanyeol quickly arose from his spot on the ground, "You help him, I'll go find Kyungsoo, then we'll get out of here." He spoke under his breath.

. . .

Kai, being the protective guy he was – suddenly worried about Kyungsoo. Would he even wake up? The kid's seventeen years old.

"Kyungsoo? Fuck, Kyungsoo, wake up!"

No response.

"God damn it!" Kai shouted as he continuously shook Kyungsoo's frigid body.

Kai leaned back against the icy wall, placing his hands in his head. He let out a frustrated sigh. He knew it was a bad idea to separate Kyungsoo from his friends, but Kai felt as if he had some secrets to live up to – Kyungsoo being the only one out of the four who would actually listen to them.

What a beautiful lie that was.

Kai hated to admit it, but he had grown an emotional attachment towards the young boy. He couldn't tell whether it was Kyungsoo's ability to stay optimistic all the time, or the fact that he was yet so innocent. It confused the hell out of him, and the mere thought of it ate his brain.