16: no turning back

NOTE:  aight so like this chapter is probably confusing af, nothing will make sense and everything will seem incoherent & disorganized but of course, it's all for a purpose & i promise it'll all make sense soon! happy reading, guys!! <3

. . .

LEVEL THREE: FINAL STAGE

PLAYER THREE: '01' SUHO.
Health – 95 % Energy – 90 %

3rd Personal Objective destroy the power source and proceed to the final destination.

Suho was running out of time.

Although he tried to escape his jumpy, nervous thoughts as much as he could, the constant commotion of heels disrupted his eardrums. He felt as if he was being led off track.

Chen had made it crystal clear to him that it was now up to him to finish off the gameplay. However, his words didn't help Suho much; they just sat with a vague sensation in his head. Suho was beginning to wonder if the blue-medicinal-drug had anything to do with his anxious state of mind.

Chen and Suho were both, apparently, oblivious to the fact that the aliens had already started preparing for the detonation. Now, it'd be just their sheer fate that'd determine whether Suho would succeed or not.

Suho felt his hands form fists as Chen's gaze motioned toward him. "You okay?"

"Not really," Suho admitted.

"Hey," Chen spoke, "It's not that hard, you can do this."

Suho let out a scoff, silently turning away from Chen, "Not that hard? Easy for you to say."

"Suho, you have to give yourself more credit."

"For what? I haven't done shit."

"Listen," Chen sighed, "Some guy once told me that if you have this thing called determination, you can get through anything—"

"That guy must've been Kyungsoo 2.0."

Chen ignored the younger's statement, "And you have me, too. Nothing can defeat those who never give up, Suho. We're a team. It's time we start acting like one."

Suho was about to stutter a word just when a group of nurses surrounded the boys out of nowhere, alarming them.

Suho and Chen stood on their guard, their backs pressed against each other and hard breathing evident. "What do we do?"

Chen breathed as he scanned the nurses, "Something's not right here."

"W-What do you mean?" Suho's eyes widened as the nurses gained closer, particularly targeting Chen.