17: lies & liar

. . .

LEVEL THREE

"What's happening? Is it not working?" Chanyeol's tone was frantic, desperate.

Baekhyun didn't respond. Keeping his eyes closed, he took a deep breath, bringing up his fingers and snapping them for the second time.

Baekhyun let out a frusturated sigh, shooting Chanyeol a disappointed glance, "Something's not letting me get by."

"Well... then what do we do?" The younger questioned.

"We're going to have to find Yixing." Baekhyun said. He looked up, "But, this might not be our biggest problem right now."

Chanyeol flinched as the lights of the hallway began to flicker. His eyes widened when he realized a crack – which was growing by the second – formed on the ceiling.

"Something's wrong." Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged glances, "Sehun's gonna have to wait."

. . .

Yixing remained vigilant as he roamed the hallways. A gasp escaped his lips when he caught the sharp sight of a couple of nurses walking nearby. He pressed his back against the wall, listening, waiting for them to pass.

Yixing hurriedly paced through the many doors he'd once went through with Baekhyun.

This place is really going down. Wait, is that...

A few yards away laid an aching Chen, his eyes blood-shot and hands jittery.

"Jongdae," Yixing breathed as he walked towards his friend, "Gosh, what did they do to you?"

"Never mind that," Chen answered, coughing, "Listen, Kai – he's... he's up to something. And – " A sudden rumble interrupted him mid-sentence.

Chen stared into space, then back at Yixing, "Shit."

"What?"

The two froze as lights there began to flicker as well, cracks forming against the edge of the walls and floors. Everything in their path began to dismantle.

"Let's get out of here." The two joined hands, running off.

. . .

"Suho? Kyungsoo? Anyone?" Chen called out.

It was hard for them to look for their friends and at the same time avoid the obstacles in front of them. Yixing had suggested that Chen and him should just teleport to a different level. However, Chen stated he wouldn't leave without the teenagers. They needed them. And now was a good time to help.

"Hey! A little help, here?" Yixing recognized a voice that came from behind them. It was Baekhyun.

Yixing and Chen rapidly turned around and followed the voice. "Baekhyun?"