04: history, friends & sins

. . .

White.

Irritating sounds occupied the boys' ears as they felt lifted — like they were being carried somewhere.

They opened their eyes, blinded by the bright light.

And, in front of them was a typical game-like screen; health bars, a map, missions, lives, and a heading: level one. The boys noticed all four of them were listed — their names were written as well as their statuses.

A message was displayed.

Welcome to Steller Inn

Another harsh wind made it's way over to the inn, causing all of the aged windows to shatter. It struck the boys' faces, causing them to shiver slightly.

After a few moments of brief glancing, Kyungsoo noticed a hazel-colored chest that stood out from their surroundings. He paced towards it, the rest of the boys following his moves. Opening it, he discovered many weapons; guns, bows, and arrows. He grabbed a gun, shaking slightly at the cold touch.

Kyungsoo walked over to the front desk. On the front, the words Steller Inn were carved onto the fine wood.

"So... we're in level one," Suho stated, breaking the eery silence.

Kyungsoo frowned. "Well, let's get a move-on. Kai said we'd have to go to room 3-B."

The boys made their way up to the third floor on the grand staircase. The hallways were long and the walls were painted maroon. Paintings decorated the walls as well as photographs. Each door had a different number on it.

It seems so vacant.

Chanyeol stepped up, "3-B, 3-B... Oh, there." He pointed towards the door at the end of the hallway.

Their footsteps seemed heightened — as well as their senses. Kyungsoo felt as if he could... think. He suddenly didn't have that feeling of confusion he had at the forest.

Out of the blue, an old man who looked as if he was in his mid-fifties appeared at the end of the hallway. Although the lighting was dim, his features were still clear. He was short and plump, and he had a beard. He looked pretty creepy, but somehow the boys knew he was full of knowledge.

The boys were taken aback.

"Welcome to Steller Inn." He spoke.

"Who are you?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"I am Moby. But please, refer to me as Sir Charles." His voice was rigid like he smoked a pack of cigarettes every day.

"Not to be impolite or anything, Sir Charles, but is there any reason you're in some random inn in the middle of the night?" Chanyeol asked.