20: promises - part two

recap: kyungsoo and the boys won the final battle. kyungsoo is now the new master of planet z. however, his friends are not aware of this yet. happy reading!

 happy reading!

. . .

"Lord, we're here," Suho whispered, his hands abnormally cold.

They took in the surroundings of Kyungsoo's room. Everything was right where they left it - the snowy screen on Kyungsoos' flatscreen, the boys' jackets scattered at a corner of his room, and the video game controllers flat on the beanbags after the boys had dropped them with shock. The moon was still out, now partly hidden by a cloudscape.

The clock ticked. 9:56 P.M. They were supposed to be out by eleven.

The boys gaped at each other, trying to contain their laughter and overwhelmed by everything that had just occurred.

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief and chuckled. He looked down at his hands, stretching them out in front of him. Not a mark, not one bruise. "Incredible."

"We're home," Suho spoke softly, more to himself than to the boys, as if he was trying to fathom the practicality - the difference between Planet Z and Kyungsoo's room. The contrast in the auras, the temperature, and mood. It made him shiver with mixed emotions, unknown sentiments that were new but had the warmth of familiarity.

"Look at you, champ!" Sehun teased and playfully punched Suho's arm, to which he giggled shyly.

"Where's Kyungsoo?"

"Kyungsoo!" The faint call of Kyungsoos's mother could be heard from down the hall.

Mrs. Do's footsteps lead up to Kyungsoo's room "Hey, boys! I hope everything is okay, if you need anything there's lasagna in the fridge and snacks in the cabinet. I'll ask Kyungsoo to warm some up.."

"Oh, no need, Mrs. Do! Kyungsoo's in the kitchen getting us some popcorn right now." Sehun replied with a smile, side-eyeing Chanyeol, and Suho.

"Alright then, sweetheart! You boys have a good time, I'll be in my room if you need me." She passed a warm smile to them. "And remember, be home by 11! I know how strict Suho's mother is." She playfully laughed.

"Mrs. Do, don't you worry! We'll get Suho home before eleven, I promise." Chanyeol said confidently.

"You always know how to reassure me, darling."

Chanyeol bit his lower lip and waited for Kyungsoo's mother to go inside her room. Once he heard the sound of the door closing, he turned towards the boys again.

"Please do tell me he's still in the kitchen." Chanyeol lowered his voice.

"What do you mean? H-He's probably on his way upstairs with the popcorn right now." Suho spoke nervously.