02: awakening

. . .

A harsh wind struck the boys' faces as they exchanged glances. The silence was dread. Goosebumps trickled up their arms and their breathing rates increased, hearts thumping in their throats.

"Okay, please tell me I wasn't the only one who felt that," Sehun looked at Chanyeol and Suho.

The lights went out. Jet black.

"Chanyeol?" Suho's voice was warning, "What the hell is going on?"

"It wasn't me, I swear!" Chanyeol said, grabbing his phone and quickly turning on the flashlight.

"Well, then, it had to have been Kyungsoo, because," Sehun started, but he was cut off by a blood-curdling scream.

The boys' eyes widened and they exchanged glances, "Kyungsoo!" They'd know that scream anywhere.

Sehun rushed out the door, Suho and Chanyeol following him. Sehun's voice was stiff, "Kyungsoo?!"

It was pitch-black.

"Guys! Help me!" Kyungsoo's voice called out in the darkness.

"Oh my God, is this real life? Am I dreaming?" Suho began to freak out. "I swear Chanyeol if this is one of your pranks,"

"Why would I hurt Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol cried out as he struggled to find his way downstairs.

In silence, Sehun walked to the kitchen. Without warning, a flash of bright white light released itself in front of the three boys. Everything became visionless. All the sound that could be perceived was screaming.

Lost.

. . .

Kyungsoo woke up with a severe headache. It took him a moment to recall that some silhouette had mentally assaulted him. He put his hand on his head. It was red. Okay, not just mentally, he thought.

"Where am I?" Kyungsoo mumbled as he gazed throughout.

He was laid down in the middle of a gloomy, abandoned grey road. Above him was an unfamiliar, deserted ghost town. A classy, ivory household sat at the end of the street, more massive than the rest. A leafless tree stood next to it, towering the actual building. Along the street, there were several houses that seemed to be vacant. They all looked mysteriously similar.

Kyungsoo looked up at the sky. It appeared to be four o'clock. In confusion and astonishment, he stood up.

"Okay, I've got to be dreaming," Kyungsoo said breathlessly, and pinched himself.

An unforeseen voice startled him.

"Welcome."

. . .