Chapter 6: Fools Gold

The Wind And The Wave - From The Wreckage Build A Home (Song for Chapter)

Cheeky Tuesday update!

This chapter is very short, so you have been warned!

Quote of the day: "It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up" ~ Vince Lombardi

You can beat me to my knees, you can say I'm no good. One thing for sure, I am so much stronger than you and I will always get up!

<<<

Chapter 6: Fool's Gold

"What's going on in that head of yours? I thought you were going next door to make peace, you shouldn't be coming back with that face and the cogs in your head ticking over time" Tayte said, I smiled,

"Nothing is going on. I'm going to go and speak with Noah"

"You're not getting out of it that easily" He said, I winked and headed upstairs,

"Noah, buddy can I come in?"

"You don't have to ask" He called, I laughed and came in, he was led upside down on the bed,

"What's up? Annoyed because Angelo isn't back yet?" I said,

"No," I looked at him, "Yes" I smiled, I sat on the bed, "The real question is, how are you?"

"Look, I know Tayte told you about my blips and black out type experiences, not knowing what's real and what isn't. But truthfully, I am handling it"

"I just want you to be okay Keane. I don't want you to spiral out of control, because I need you and I will always need you" He said,

"I won't Noah, I won't let that happen, I will always be here for you, always and it goes both ways. I need you as much as you need me"

"Things are going to be okay Keane and Arii will be safe and have an amazing time travelling. I'm not going to promise, but I will say that I have a lot of faith that the future will be a safe and happy one"

"I hope you're right, I really do, come here," he wrapped his arms around me, "Love you kiddo"

"Love you more big bro," he kissed my cheek.

"Are you coming down?" I asked,

"I will do in a bit," I nodded and left him be. Tayte was led on the sofa in front of the television,

"You do know, that's meant to be on right" I teased,

"Oh I wondered why there was no picture," he said smiling, "I just got off the phone with Mum"

"How is she?"

"Loved up with Forrest, I think she's planning on moving in with him"

"What, as in moving to London to live with him?"

"Yeah"

"Are you going to meet with him again to suss him out fully? Make sure he's up to standards?"

"Yes and you are coming with me too"

"Good cop, Bad cop? Or Bad cop, Bad cop?" I asked, he smiled,

"Come and join me" He said, not answering my question. I slid onto the sofa and he cuddled into me, "You do love me don't you? Because you know I love you right?"

"What! Are you on drugs or something? What kind of crazy question is that babe? Of course I love you, you are my everything and more and I know you love me, you wouldn't have stuck around this long if you didn't. What made you say that?"