Chapter 28: Stabbing Pains

John Legend - I Know Better (Song for Chapter)

I am so sorry I didn't upload last week. I am busy with assignments and presentations and general University life. Since we break up in two weeks, means deadlines are approaching!

Hopefully this chapter will make up for it!

Though unfortunately it isn't the longest chapter!

Dedicated to: Ash Cotter, because she is one of the kindest and caring gals I've met. She is so genuine and I don't think there is one bad bone in her. Love you Ash xx

<<<

Chapter 28: Stabbing Pains

Tayte's POV

It was a couple of days after the breakdown and you'd be thankful to here that there has been no other situations. Though I knew that he was far from okay, he hadn't been okay in a long while. Jackson had been stirring so much shit, that Keane and I also kept butting heads and it was frustrating as hell!

Rhina was working at the base, Joey and Tammara had gone to run an errand and Keane, Noah and I were exploring the tunnels. Currently we were walking through unknown territory, checking that everything was safe and no one was lurking around the place. Innocent or otherwise.

"Run away, run away, the monsters are here. Run away, run away, we're about to bring the fear. The tunnels are dark and we can you see you and you'll be dead, there's nothing you can do," A voice sung, we all looked at each other, we then heard footsteps,

"Run" Keane said, so that was what we did. The tunnel we ran down was dark, very dark and I almost lost my footing, I felt an arm grab me, "I've got you babe,"

   "I need to stop" Noah said, "Too much running and I can barely see"

"Split up, I'll make them follow me and then you two back track around," Keane said,

   "No way," I said,

"This isn't up for discussion. Go and don't look back," he snapped, pushing us away, the footsteps got closer,

   "You BASTARDS aren't going to get us" Keane shouted. He was an absolute twat.

"Tayte?"

  "I'm here Noah,"

"Can we stop," He said, I tried a door and it open, I locked it behind us. I then turned to look at Noah, "Give me 2 minutes, we can't...we can't leave Keane alone"

   "Keane is an absolute dick" He looked at me shocked, but I didn't say anything.

"You two are okay right?" He asked,

  "Yes Noah, we're fine," I replied, though my voice said otherwise.

...

Keane's POV

"I think I lost them," I said, "Are you two okay?"

   "We're fine, are you?" Noah answered,

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," I replied after a few seconds, Tayte looked at me,

  "What happened to your shoulder? Where's that blood from?" Tayte said,

"Oh, it's just a scratch," I replied,

  "Just a scratch my ass," Tayte snapped, pulling the shoulder of my t-shirt down, I winced, "I'd say that's a lot of blood for just a scratch"