Chapter 42: Broken Wings

JP Cooper - In The Silence (Song for Chapter)

It's that time of the week again. I'm actually updating on time too!

Quote of the day from the amazing TV show Scorpion, said by Sylvester:

"Blood doesn't make family. Love makes family"

<3

<<<

Chapter 42: Broken Wings

Keane's POV

"We'll meet you at the airport," Arlo said, Mum and Dad didn't look too convinced, "I'll make sure we all get there safely,"

We were finally leaving Tokyo and heading back to England, after I'd built up enough strength that would at least allow me to fly. We were taking our very own private jet, that Mum and Dad had seemed to make appear from nowhere, they had more cards in their hand than any magician out there. It was very early morning around 5am, since Mum and Dad wanted us to get out of here as soon as possible and the flight back was going to take around 12 hours, they decided leaving early would be best. I didn't mind, it wasn't like I was sleeping very well anyway.

"I don't want you detouring anywhere, not with Keane" Mum said,

"You have no say in what I do," I said, she had tears in her eyes, but Dad was the one who looked the most hurt, I'd been giving them both the cold shoulder, ever since we found out about Arlo. Who may I add is one of the most genuine and kindest guys I've ever met and I am honoured to call him my older brother.

To be honest, I shouldn't be taking my anger and hurt out on Dad, because for a start, he only found out about Arlo a year ago and Mum never told him who Arlo's real father is either. If anything, I should be siding with Dad, but at the moment, I didn't want to face either of them,

"How are you feeling babe?" Tayte asked, we were in the back of a black BMW X5, which Arlo was driving and Noah was sat shotgun:

"Lucky and blessed to have you and my brothers by my side" I replied,

"Physically though"

"I feel like I've been in a severe car crash, I feel like my body has been through a war. I feel drained Tayte and every small movement intensifies the pain," he kissed me, there were tears in his eyes and that hurt me even more,

"Tell me how to help you. Tell me what I can do for you,"

"You just being by my side, you just holding my hand, or kissing me, hugging me, takes away the pain baby, you and Noah and Arlo are my medicine" Arlo and Noah were looking at me with worried, but loving eyes in the rear view mirror,

"Little bro, we're going to get through this you know. We are all going to be by your side every step of the way. Forever, I am not letting you leave my life, not after I've just got you"

"I'm never going to get used to you calling me little brother," I said softly smiling,

"I'm sure you will, because I'm never going to get tired of saying it,"

"Whoa," Noah suddenly said, we all looked out of the window, "That view is incredible"

"A view like that eases the pain," I said.

We got to the airport just after our parents, who came hurriedly over to the car, Tayte got out and came to my side, with Noah blocking our parents. Arlo got the wheelchair out of the back of the car, I hopped out the car and into the wheelchair with the help of Tayte. I hated being so helpless, so dependent on other people. I hated being wrapped in bubble wrap by everyone, but I shouldn't complain, because I was lucky, I was lucky to be alive.