Chapter 11: Mirage Intoxication

Ruelle - Where Do We Go From Here (Song for Chapter)

So I can't remember what I said about uploading this week! So, it's Tuesday today and I am uploading!

2 days before we fly! New Zealand bound! Indoor Netball World Championships!

<<<

Chapter 11: Mirage Intoxication

Keane's POV

Keep running and don't look back.

Don't look back.

A scream rippled through my hearing.

I stopped and looked around, darkness, it was so dark.

"Hello. Who's there?" I then felt a sharp and burning pain pierce through my spine, then I saw the tip of the blade stick out of the middle of my stomach. I couldn't catch my breath and then when I did, I coughed and blood spilled from my mouth. I sank to the floor, hands cradling around the tip, "He...Help...M...Me" I spluttered.

"This feeling, this helplessness, this pain, is all going to happen" A voice said,

"I...I...Help..." I fell to my side, the pain was so overwhelming, I couldn't speak, I couldn't see and I couldn't hear.

My eyes glazed over and there was nothing.

...

"Keane are you coming?" Noah and Arii called smiling at me from across the street,

"Of course he is" Tayte's voice said, appearing next to them.

I took a step and a car came from nowhere and ploughed straight into me, the impact itself broke every bone. The violent and painful screams from Tayte, Noah and Arii were heard for a second, before I blacked out.

Blackness met my eyes, I blinked furiously, feeling about in the darkness. I was trapped, in a confined space, my breathing increased and my heart rate ramped up. Pains kept shooting up throughout my body, my hand came away wet. It was blood and I knew it.

I tried to calm my breathing. I tried so hard.

"Keane...Keane...KEANE"

"Keane...," I sat up suddenly, shaking, heart beating fast, "Babe...you're okay," I looked at him and I could feel the tears pour down my face. I shot off the bed and darted as if I was drunk across the room and crashed into the wall, "It's me KEANE, it's only me"

Times running out Keane my boy, times running out

"Stop...STOP" I shouted, curling up into a ball and shutting my eyes,

You're all going to die, you're all going to die.

"SHUT UP"

"KEANE," it was as if a shock rippled through my body and my eyes shot open,

"Tayte" I gasped, "Oh God, I'm so sorry" I clutched onto him tight, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"Sssh...don't worry, it's okay. You're okay, your safe and I'm with you. I love you, I love you baby"

"I'm sorry. I'll keep us safe. I love you Tayte...I love you so much," I closed my eyes in the warmth of Tayte's arms.

Tayte's POV

I was holding my whole world in my arms and my heart was pounding, but it was pounding with fear. Keane hadn't had an episode like that since he was going through his relapse, I looked at him in my arms, he looked so small and fragile,