Chapter 40: Last Breath

Hayden Calnin – Cut Love (Song for Chapter)

Wow, chapter 40 already!

I am so sorry.

This chapter.

It broke me writing it.

Hopefully will do the same for anyone reading this!

<<<

Chapter 40: Last Breath

Noah's POV

My mind was racing. I had never been so scared in my life. I kept the small black device with a little screen clenched in my hand. It was lit up with an arrow, pointing in the direction I needed to go. I kept my head down, I was willing myself not to breakdown. I was worried about Keane, because if anything, he'd be the one to put himself in harm's way. The screen buzzed left, I dipped down another busy street, and nearly knocked into someone, I kept my head down. Afraid that if I looked up and someone caught my eye, they'd know who I was. I wanted to call Angelo. I wanted more than anything, for him to be here with me right now, by my side, telling me it was all going to be okay.

I just hoped that we all found the cars.

That we all communicated with one another.

That we all get out safe.

I don't know how long I'd been following the directions on the device. To me it felt like days. Though I know it was probably less than a couple of hours.

When I saw the car I couldn't quite believe it. A sleek silver 2015 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, was sat there parked up on the roadside. There were people hurrying on with their lives around the place, so I prayed that when I scanned the device against the door of the Porsche it opened without any hassle. Otherwise it would look like I was breaking into the car. I headed over cautiously and flashed the device, holding my breath, the door clicked and I opened it. I knew I was being watched as I slipped into the car.

Tayte's POV

As I was walking away from the man I loved. I only hoped, prayed even, that I was going to see him again. I could feel my heart pounding, every step I took was a step away from my soulmate and it frightened me.

He was an idiot. He was my idiotically handsome pain in the ass boy, whose heart trumped his head, whose mouth got him in trouble, whose only thought was to keep the ones he loved safe. Even if that meant being caught in the cross fire. My device beeped and an arrow told me to turn right. I was also worrying about Noah, he seemed so nervous and vulnerable when we all parted ways. I just wish we could have all stuck together, but I fully knew how dangerous it was for us all. The streets were busy, people were everywhere, like ants, millions of them.

I felt like I was in a maze and I couldn't find my way out.

The device kept beeping.

Left.

Right.

Left.

Straight.

I stopped at the end of the road and looked up to the sky. What was it that Keane always said:

'No matter where we are, we're all beneath the same sky'

I lost track of time. I forget where I was. Because where I wanted to be, was in the arms of the one I loved the most.

When I saw the car, I knew that my directions had got me to the right place. It was parked up in a half empty car park. A Ferrari 458 speciale 2014 in yellow. I hoped everyone else had found their cars too, as the door flew up and I climbed in.