sEvEnTeEn

Niall's P.O.V.

After I took a shower, I picked up my phone and texted Louis.

Me: Hey Lou, are you on your way ?

After about five minutes, he replied.

Tommo: Yeah, I'm about to leave the house .

Me: Cool, see you then .

Tommo: Yeah

I noticed that in the battery bar on the top right of the screen that there was a thin yellow line, and next to the bar was written '7%'. I pulled my thin white charger from my unpacked black suitcase and plugged it into the wall in the living room.

The cozy white couch and the black T.V. remote sitting on the mahogany coffee table were practically calling for me to use them, so I took a seat and turned on the T.V.

Ten minutes into watching the news and I hear the marimba ringtone. Great, I thought as I got up from the sofa, groaning, and walked to the other side of the room, where my phone was charging. However, when I saw the name of the caller, my whole face lit up.

"Hey, Zaynie!" I squealed as I adjusted the camera so that my face didn't look fat.

"Hey, Ni," he replied. His voice was groggy, as if he just woke up. I noticed that he was shirtless, and it looked like he was laying down.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah, I called you once I was actually awake."

"What time is it there?"

"Uh . . ." Zayn turned his head to his left, but I couldn't see what he was looking it. It was probably an alarm clock, though. "It's a quarter to ten."

"Oh. Zayn, can I call you later? Louis is coming to my house soon, so I'll call you back when he leaves. Is that alright?"

He almost scowled at the name I mentioned. "Alright. Why is Louis coming to your house?"

"I don't know, honestly. He said he needed to talk to me about something that he can't talk about over the phone." I hesitated to talk more, but I thought there was no harm in saying what I was thinking. "I'm pretty sure he wants to talk about how we revived our friendship."

This time, he actually did glower. "Niall, I'm telling you, if he says to break it off, just ignore him, and I'll beat him up for you. I bet he'd only do it for the sake of saving his own reputation, and he won't even be good friends with you later on. There's no way I'm letting anybody get in the way of our friendship, and you shouldn't either."

I smiled at him, admiring how thoughtful he was about our relationship. "Don't worry, Zayn, I don't want anyone destroying our friendship either. I mean, you're one of my closest friends, I could never lose you."

Just when Zayn opened his mouth to speak again, the doorbell rang.

"Fucking shit," I muttered. "Well, I'll talk to you later. Bye, Zaynie."

Zayn sighed. "Bye, Nialler." And with that, he ended the call.

I walked out of the living room and into the foyer, and opened the door to find a fake smiling Louis Tomlinson. "Want to explain?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Explain what?" I knew he probably wanted to talk about Zayn, but I didn't know he felt so strongly about it.

"Oh, just this." He pulled out his phone and shoved it in my face. I pushed it away from my eyes so that I could actually look at what he was showing me, but when I saw what it was, I gasped. "You thought you could hide the fact that you kissed Zayn from the world, huh?"