tWeNtY nInE

Zayn's P.O.V.

"How could you?" Niall screamed, his voice drowning in tears.

"Niall," I said, getting up from the couch and running to him. "I can explain!"

"What? What is there to explain? I saw my best friend and my boyfriend kissing each other! How would you like to explain that?" Niall yelled sarcastically.

"But Niall, it's really not what you think it is—"

"Shut up, Zayn! I don't care what it is, all I know is that I can't trust either of you! I can't believe I was dumb enough to think that we could all get along again!"

Those words alone were enough to shatter my heart into a million pieces. I felt terrible that Niall felt that way, and I knew that I just had to fix it.

Suddenly, Niall took a deep breath and started to walk to the foyer with his head up high.

"Where are you going, Niall?" I asked in shock and fear.

"Away from your bullshit. I hope you and Louis are happy," he replied bitterly, not looking back at me. He stepped out of the house and ran to where he thought no one could find him.

Instead of following him, I turned back to Louis, my face red with fury. However, the only expression that I could read on Louis' face was satisfaction. "Look at what you've done, asshole! You've hurt such a sweet person like Niall, have you no shame?"

He chuckled lightly as he ambled towards me. "Don't you see, Zayn? This was all meant to be! You were meant to be with me, and Niall, well, he'll find someone else," he said as he looped his fingers through mine. "Come on, now, and we'll head over to my place and have a blast."

I fiercely took my hand away from his and aggressively pushed him. "Get away from me and Niall! Just go! Go to fucking hell!"

"But Zayn—"

"No! Get the fuck out!"

"I love you, though! How could you do this to me?"

"Love me! Fucking hell, Louis, that's not love! Love is what is between me and Niall! That is the love that I'm going to save!" And with that, I ran out the door. 

Any other person knew that they were screwed, knowing they wouldn't find Niall, but I knew exactly where he was. I remember how we were on tour once, and all of the boys except me got mad at Niall for some reason. He hid in a very small place in the tour bus, where he could barely fit, but I found him. When I did, he told me how felt, and that how he wished that he could run to the woods. It was where he always went when he was upset.

So that's what I did. I went to the woods. Knowing Niall, I knew he would be too far into the woods.

When I got there, there was no sign of Niall.