nInEtEeN

Zayn's P.O.V.

I paced the bedroom floor, still with only a pair of black briefs on.

That son of a bitch better not be trying to steal Niall from me. I will slice his throat in half if he even tries to come in between us.

My head was violently throbbing, and I felt like my brain would pop out any second now. Who knew my friendship with Niall could cause this much trouble?

Niall's P.O.V.

I finally pulled away from Louis' lips, blushing furiously.

Louis was smiling sheepishly. "Em . . . That was—"

I cut him off. "Weird."

He frowned, looking directly in my eyes, but I tried to avoid his gaze. "I was gonna say perfect. Why do you think it was weird?"

"Because, Louis, it just is! I can't kiss you! That's just . . . ugh, it's weird!"

Louis' face was still pink, not from blushing, but this time, from anger. "Oh, so you can kiss Zayn and let it wander all over the Internet, but you can't kiss me and keep it a secret! What kind of bullshit is that, Niall?"

"That was a totally different situation, Louis! We were at a club and I was drunk! This is at my house and you have feelings for me! Zayn and I are only friends, and what you want is totally unacceptable. I can't be your boyfriend, that's just . . . no!"

Louis came closer to me and started to rub my arm. "Please, Niall, just think about it, okay? I'll give you some time, and let me know when you come to a decision. Please, Niall, I really want to date you. At least try it out. I came to England just to see you! I came to your house and rang the doorbell and no one answered. Then, I texted you, but you didn't reply, so I texted Bobby, and he told me that you were in L.A. So I waited, until I saw those pictures of you and Zayn. Those fired me up, especially the ones of you two kissing. I've been waiting for so long to tell you how I feel, so I'm not gonna let Zayn just come in and snatch you from me!"

"Alright, alright, Louis, calm down. I'll tell you what I think in a few days. And by the way, Zayn isn't going to 'snatch' me from you. We have no feelings for each other, we're only friends, and that's how it'll stay." I took a shaky sigh before saying, "Just leave, I need some alone time right now. I'll think about it, but don't be so hopeful about us being a thing. It's not a little thing, and we can't let anyone know about this. Anyone."

Louis looked at me with sadness glistening in his eyes. "Why can't we tell anyone? Are you embarrassed?"

"No, Louis, I just . . ." I sighed, putting my head in my hands. I couldn't let Zayn find out about this, he'd kill me. And if the whole world knew about it, well, Zayn is a part of the whole world, so he'd find out one way or another. "Just go! Please! I need time!"

"If that's what you want." Louis dragged himself to the foyer and opened the front door. "Then that's what you've got. Goodbye, Niall," he whispered, then left.

What the hell is wrong with him?