TwEnTy FoUr

Niall's P.O.V.

"This time I'm ready to run!" Louis sang as he ran into the ocean, my laughs loud in the background. I was recording him on snapchat, planning to put this on my story.

"Louis, come back and eat! We'll play in the ocean later!" I yelled out to him, and soon enough, I saw a drenched Louis dragging himself to me. I was currently sitting on a lime green towel, and had two ham sandwiches out on two plates, along with some potato chips on the side. He took a seat right beside me and our wet shorts rubbed together.

"This is really good," Louis said, munching on the sandwich.

"Thanks."

"What's in it?"

"Ham, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese."

"No carrots?"

I rolled my eyes at him, sighing and looking back at the ocean. "Fuck off, Lou."

He laughed, almost choking on the bread, showing his victory. "Got you, shawty."

"You amuse me, you know that?"

"You don't need to tell me for me to know."

We sat there in silence afterwards, but not the awkward kind of silence. Not the kind of silence when you're sitting in the car with your mom after she picked you up from detention. No, it's a peaceful kind of silence. The kind of silence where you have wind blow through your hair as you look at some sort of scenery,  thinking about all the good things in life.

I heard my phone ding, along with feeling vibration at my foot.

"Who is it?" Louis asked immediately.

I picked it up and read the name. Zayn.

"No one," I lied. I knew that Zayn and Louis weren't on good ends with each other, so I decided not to talk to Louis about Zayn, and vice versa.

"Okay," Louis replied without a hint of suspicion, and looked back at the ocean. He seemed to be quite at ease.

I brought my phone closer to my face and lowered the brightness, just in case Louis decided to look at me screen.

Zaynie: so ur at the beach ?

Me: Yeah, why ?

Zaynie: nothing

Zaynie: so

Zaynie: ur with louis rn ?

Me: Yeah .

Zaynie: ok

Zaynie: call me when ur alone

Me: Will do .

Oh God, this is not going to be pretty.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So, what should we do next?" Louis asked as I took a seat in my Range Rover. He was already siting in the passenger seat, buckled up and ready to go.

"Um, I'm actually pretty tired. How about I drop you off home and we'll see each other tomorrow?" I suggested. In all honesty, the only thing I was thinking about was Zayn. I didn't care about anything at the moment, all I was saying in my head was Zayn, Zayn, Zayn.

"Oh, uh, that's fine. But my car is at your place."

"Alright, we'll go to my house and shower, eat some dinner, and then you can get going."

"But won't it be late by then?"

Shit, then he's going to have to stay over. Meaning that I won't be able to call Zayn.

"Alright, then you can stay at my house for the night."

Zayn is not going to be a happy camper when I don't call.