Prologue : The Wallflower

"Everybody wants to shine a little bit, even a wallflowers"

-Phyllis Smith-

***

Odette's P.O.V

The sound of the board being written at really makes me sleepy, i can't even concentrate on whatever Mrs Fin is saying right now. I mean, come on, no one really likes studying trigonometry that much.

Some kids are really focused on studying and paying attention to whatever that thing is, while some prefer sleeping or talking to each other, and some, just like throwing paper plane at me.

High school has just started and it's almost seem like hell

Yes, i am a freshman in highschool, and i am apparently stuck in boring classes which i have no interest in, since i have always been a very artistic person, but somehow my aim is to become a psychologist which is why instead of going to an art school, i go to an average high school instead.

But it seems like not everything will go your way, even when you want it to be.

High school isn't all that great for me personally. I just entered high school around a month ago, and i am already marked as that freak girl who always on herself and never truly have any friends.

I can't help the way that i am, i have never been a very sociable person, but i am definitely not considering myself socially awkward as well.

I have like two very close girl best friends named Jasmine and Ruby, which happen to enter a different high school.

And so, here i am at Southern Wing High, a high somewhere in The United States.

We used to live in Canada until my parents decided to move here, which is perfectly fine by me, i'm just sad to be afar from my home country and some of my friends but apart from that i don't have any major problem.

i am half asian and half latina, my mother is Mexican while my father is Chinese, i have never felt different as a mixed race girl, in fact, i am proud to inherit my mom slightly tan skin and thick light brown hair while getting my father's dark brown eyes and short figure, but i am not that short, i am 5"3 , but yes, i am slightly overweight which cause me to look slightly shorter than others, petite is the right term for me, though i wouldn't really use it in real life.

But sometimes you get picked on for your appearance, more often than your personality.

They call me many names, from freak to weirdo, from loser to nerd, even tough i am not exactly a nerd, i am more like a curious person with big glasses.

I never had 20/20 vision since elementary school, bit i am too sloppy to wear contacts, which is why i always stick with glasses, even tough it can get annoying when it comes to P.E.

Even i have no clue about why i am hated, teased or bullied, no matter how much of an introvert on the outside i am, no one exactly picked on me in junior high, i was just doing my own business and that was all.

But high school is so different.

Sometimes i feel like i don't exactly belong here, maybe that's because i'm still pretty new here, but maybe because i was never meant to be in this place, but conplaining won't take me anywhere, i just simply have to move on and live on.

"And don't forget about the homework, you have to submit it next week, class dismissed"

Her last words wake me up from my daydream, i wasn't exactly sleeping, i just lost my focus a while there.

I pack my bag, ready to head straight home, not minding the kids who stare at me as if i am some kind of alien or something.

I try to open the door and just then, i bump into a certain someone.

"Watch where you are going, freak"

I recognize that voice very well, that voice belongs to the one and only...

Zara Posetts, the beautiful diva in the high school, which is basically everyone's favorite popular girl, but for me personally, she is exactly like Regina from the mean girl.

Blonde hair, light skin, and sassy mixed with snobby attitude, the only difference is the fact she only has one close best friend, which is Nicole Whistly, an exotic looking black girl that makes her look like she is a model, even tough she is better in manner term than Zara, she still has the same snobby and sassy attitude, just, more tamed.

"You don't have to be so mean" i say inside, she is so mean, and i never do anything bad toward her.

See, sometimes, people just hate you for no reason, or sometimes, you are hated for being you, it depends on the situation.

And the one situation i am in right now is not so good, i rather not pick a fight with her at all, as a new kid, no one would really take my side, not even the teacher, so instead, apologizing seems to be the right choice to be taken right now, even though i know it's not fair.

"Well, sorry" i say as i put my head down. Honestly, i am just trying to avoid fights, because i don't want the same thing that happened in the past repeat itself again.

"At least you apologize" she says as she walk into the classroom, followed by Nicole. I know she is just trying to seems like a nice kid by getting Mrs. Fin attention, because i know that someone like her wouldn't be interested in asking math questions, i'm sure she doesn't have any interest in any school subjects at all, since all she cares about is her appearance.

But enough talking about her, i think it's better if i go home as soon as possible, because bad things always seem to happen whenever i am around.

I leave the classroom and quietly trying to head to the parking area where i park my bicycle. Yes, it might sounds lame, but i do use bicycle to school, it's cheap, it makes me healthy, ans it reduces air pollution, so i thought, why not ?

As soon as i hop into my bike, i can feel someone's bike stopping in front of me.

I look up to see who might be so annoying to do so, and it's none other than the school ice prince.

Diego Montero.