Twenty Nine : Revealed

"There are no secrets that time does not reveal"

-Jean Racine-

***

Odette's P.O.V

~1 year later~

It has been a whole year since I'm dating Tobias. Time sure flies, and so far, nothing big has truly happened. I'm on my second semester of my sophomore year, and I'm going to become a senior in just a few months.

The kids at school no longer bullies me, I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm dating Tobias, or maybe it's because they just get tired of doing so, but otherwise, it's pretty nice to not get stared at like a freak every single time you walk.

And as for Tobias, he is really nice to me, he treats me like a lady, and he always try his best to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling low, and somehow, I'm kind of grateful that I have a boyfriend like him.

My parents also approve of him, which is a good sign, my sister is fine with him as well even though she told me that our chemistry is like sugar and salt, not exactly the most compatible thing.

Maya is giving me the cold shoulder now, I don't think I should have a problem with that. I mean, making enemy with a queen at school is definitely not something on my to do list, but hey, stuff happens.

I should be happy with what I have now, But at the same time, something is still holding me back, it's almost as if I'm forgetting something as I flow with my current everyday life, something that makes me feel uneasy whenever I notice it, something I can't quite explain.

Diego, lately, it almost as if he has been ignoring me. I don't know why, he would take glances to me at times whenever we meet at school, and every time, he always looks like he wants to tell me something, but at the same time, he wouldn't speak any words.

I wonder, what made him turn so cold ? I thought we were good before, then why does he ignore me know ? It almost as if we're back to being stranger again.

Now, however,..

I'm turning sixteen today, and at the state where I'm at, sixteen is the age of consent, meaning that I'm a legal lady now, I wouldn't consider myself one though, because I still have a lot to learn before I can properly call myself a proper woman.

My parents and Tobias work together to create a birthday party for me tonight, It's held in a beautiful three star restaurant, and since I'm okay with the kids now, I guess inviting them wouldn't be such a bad thing.

As I'm about to get ready for the party, my mother comes to my bedroom, and she holds an all black box

"Happy birthday dear, this is our present for you, I'm sure you will love it"

I smile at my mom and give her a simple thanks. I reach for the box and pull it closer to me, and open the box.

"Oh my God, is this for real ?" I pull the sneakers that I have always wanted. This particular one is great for running and all, it's like 300 dollars, which is a a lot for me. And believe it or not, this is more exciting for me than getting an IPhone 7.

"Thank you mom, thank you !!!" I give her a big hug. She gives me a small nod and begins leaving the room.

I get dressed in an elegant Lilac dress and white pump, and for the face, I just apply some eyeliner, mascara, and a matte nude lipstick.