Ten : Waves

"Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction"

-Unknown-

***

Odette's P.O.V

What is he even doing here ? Isn't he supposed to be with Maya right now ?

I stare at him and I see his brown eyes looking through me, and then he returns his gaze to the man.

"Don't disturb her, or I'll kill you"

The man seems a bit pissed, but he quickly notices who he is dealing with and backs away. Without saying any other words, he walked away along with the other guy.

"What are you doing here ?"

"Saving you, what else ?"

He gives me a poker face stare, like no emotion whatsoever inside it, however there is a slight spark in his eyes. Which makes me wonder, if he is a good guy within.

"I don't need you to save me, I thought you already know that ?"

He sighs and give me a glare, what ? Is he seriously glaring at me right now ?

"You should be more careful, teenage boys are wolves, you know, cover yourself up"

Well, look who is talking.

"This is a beach, just so you know, and other girls are wearing the same thing, so why can't I ?"

"Because you are different"

I raise my eyebrow, I don't know if that is meant to be a compliment, or a mocking, but whatever it is, I am not impressed.

"Stop saying that !"

"Saying what ?"

"Saying I'm different"

There is a slight pause before he speaks up, as he puts his two hands on my shoulder.

"You are different and you can never be the same like the rest of the girls, just accept that fact"

He looks dead serious right now. His eyes pierce right through me. I can almost sense a strange kind of emotion inside him right now.

He releases his hands from mine and sigh.

"Never mind, forget that I ever said that, by the way, why don't you join the rest of the party, we're about to have some proper food after this"

"Yeah, I'll go later, I'll just swim for a bit, then, I'll grab some food"

"Right, okay, I'll go now then"

***

Tobias' P.O.V

I just finished swimming at the ocean after digging through the waves. I never thought I would enjoy myself this much on a school event but this one is a real bomb. At least now I know the school isn't that lame after all.