Eight : The Beach

Beach (Noun) : A place of relaxation, rest, and tranquility

***

Odette's P.O.V

I am pretty unsure of what the rules are on these kind of trip, but somehow, it's different from my imagination.

I thought we would just go to the beach together from school in the morning, with the teachers and all, but it's far too different from my imagination.

It's almost evening right now, the students are going to the beach on their own, with the so called "supervisor" teachers to watch out for them, but honestly, it's not any different from your average beach party.

And did I mention that the teachers are actually doing their own business somewhere in the beach house, while the rest of the students are just partying, with loud music, bikini, and kisses.

Yup, I'm not making it up, it's literally not your usual beach trip, it's a beach party.

What is wrong with the school ? Like, how can they hold this thing to the point of abandoning one day of school time ?

This isn't what I paid for.

Well, not entirely me, but still, I do help my parents out with small amount of allowance, especially since they are out all day long and I am the one doing all the chores, so I think paying for my school fees aren't that hard.

Come on, how hard is it for my banker mother and lawyer father to pay my school fees ?

Yes, sometimes it can get pretty lonely at home, but I guess I just simply have grown used to it. And it's not as bad as you think, being home alone can be a good thing sometimes, and I'm not completely alone.

My sister is at home as well, so, you know the point.

It's almost 4 P.M, I should have gone to the beach by now but I just simply don't know what to wear.

I search around the closet and cannot find any proper swimsuit, I already have a cream colored satin laced tank top and white shorts on, and a light brown long sweater for the outer outfit, but nothing for swimming.

The last time I wore a bikini was a year ago when the boys asked me to hang out with them to a friend's pool party, with Jasmine as well because I felt nervous if I had to go alone, and it was fun. But even then, I had to borrow Jasmine's bikini because I never bought one.

I always feel insecure whenever I have most parts of my body revealed, since I have always been kind of short amongst the other girls and not as "skinny" as them, though some curvy and overweight people look really good in bikini, I just can't feel confident enough.

Though Ruby, Jasmine, the boys, and the rest of my family have told me that my body is just fine and I look good in bikini, I still feel insecure.

It must be because of the hormones as well, geez, I need to work it out as soon as possible.

And I cannot borrow Jacklyn's bikini because our breast size is different.

Girls' problem.

Suddenly my phone rings. I look at the screen and see Amy's number on it.