Twenty Seven : Acknowledge

"Don't you be so nice to me, I fall in love so easily"

-Waylon Jennings-

***

Odette's P.O.V

It's kind of nice when the cool breeze touches my face. I remember the last time that I came to this beach is on that one school trip.

The one trip when I got to see a nice side of Diego for the first time.

I remember when Diego tried to defend me when some jerk guys approached and bothered me. And I still remember the look he had on when he talked to me back then. He was comforting, even in the small way.

I know, it's strange to think about him right now, especially since he is not here and I'm with someone else, who isn't exactly dating me, but has tried his best to do so.

So why is it that, even after today, my mind can only think about him ?

I better shake the thought off.

right now, I'm with Tobias, and the two of us are holding hands as we walk along the beach. Actually it started with him slowly putting his fingers on mine, and he wrapped it in between mine.

"Look, the sun almost sets down" we stops in front of a big, reddish sun. The sky is now orange, pink, and purple colored. It's so pretty and breath taking.

I haven't seen a sun set this beautiful in a really long time, and at that moment. I feel as if the whole world just stops moving. It's so peaceful, and the soft sounds of the waves crashing into the beach sand gives a whole new vibe to the scenery.

It's a shame how only the two of us get to see it right now, as the beach is pretty quiet today.

"It's beautiful" I slowly whispers. I'm pretty sure that the reflection of the sun that hits the water, hits my eyes as well.

"But it's not as beautiful as you" suddenly, Tobias faces me, which makes me feel a bit nervous. My eyes meet with his, and along with the background sound of the ocean, the two of us stare at each other. One with a meaningful gaze, and the other one with a confused gaze.

"Tobias ?" I ask him, and he slightly tilt his head and his eyes are narrowed as they look down at me, He has a serious look on his face. Maybe the whole situation is getting into him too much.

He slowly moves his hand and carefully remove the glasses from my face. Letting my bare brown eyes meet his blue ones.

"You're beautiful, Odette" he gives me a small smile, and this make me slightly nervous. But I don't even want to say a word right now.

"I wish I discovered you sooner, you're like a hidden gem, you know... a wallflower, that captures those who see the beauty in you, and... for some reason... You captured me"

He says in a whispering tone, but loud enough for me to hear in this quiet place.

"Before I realize it... it's becoming real"

"What are you talking about ?" I ask him because his words are getting more and more weird.

"I'm glad I accepted it"