Nineteen : Just Forget

"Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. You forget some things, don't you ? Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget"

-Cormac McCharthy-

***

Odette's P.O.V

-Around a year ago or so-

He jumps and shoot the basketball into the ring, great, perfect score.

I can hear the loud cheers amongst the crowd, some girls are shouting over him while others are trying to remain calm, but it's pretty hard to do so because the school basketball team just won one of the most important competition of the year against a prestigious school.

"Good job, you guys" I get into their changing room on the back, nothing personal, since I'm used of seeing them half naked, we're in the same group after all.

"Thanks, OD" I smile at all of them. Geez, these boys never fail to make me proud, I love them all so much. As a friend of course.

Then, from the back door, a familiar figure enters the room, his tan skin is all sweaty, even his emerald green team outfit is drenched with sweat. He has a small towel on his neck and his hazel eyes look brighter than before.

"Adam..." I look at him with a slight smile on my lips, he approaches me and I hold out my hands.

"Congratulations for making the winning score, you look great back then"

He chuckles and smile, showing off his perfect smile, and he holds my hand in return.

"Yeah, thanks, OD"

I can't let go of my hand, I feel like it's stuck on his, before he is the one letting it go first.

"Oh, right, I guess I better leaves first, so you guys can change in peace" I laugh and leave the room.

Gosh, I can feel my heart beating so loudly, I don't understand why, but everytime Adam is nearby I get this loud thumping on my chest.

No, this is bad, I think I'm in love.

No, it shouldn't be, there is no way I can like him, maybe I just admire him but that's that, nothing personal.

And he already has a girlfriend, I should just be friends with him, nothing more.

Geez, I hate being a teen, i blame the hormones.

Well, I guess I better get going.

I walk around the area a little bit. Though this competition is held on the so called prestigious school, the school building isn't that fancy or so, but I admit they do have a lot of space here.

They even have their own green area or the so called school park.

I have always loved this kind of peaceful scenery, and I decide it will be good to get my mind off things here, so I decide to sit down under one of the tree and pull out my headphone and turn on some music.