Eleven : The Little Smile

"Be careful, not all are what they seem. Some people pretend to be the beach, but they're actually quicksand"

-Steve Maraboli-

***

Odette's P.O.V

It has been a few days since the event on the beach, and for some reason I have been talking to Diego quite a lot lately. We usually talk during math class and sometimes he says hi during break time or after school. It feels a little weird start talking to someone like that. Don't get me wrong, I have been talking to some of my friends, especially Ruby and Jasmine, but come on, we were close since little, so it never feels that awkward or anything.

But I have also notice something in particular.

Lately, I feel like Tobias has been eyeing me, and not trying to sound narcissist or anything, but whenever I am there, he seems to just appear out of nowhere, it's getting pretty freaky.

"Alright class, enough for today, don't forget to submit your homework later on -" Our Physics teacher is still talking nonsense as the rest of the students leave the room one by one.

Today was a really boring day filled with annoying subjects, I don't understand why we have to learn all those things we will probably never use in our life.

And I have said the same things over and over again, great.

Oh, right, I need to take a look at that Harry Potter novel from the library for my literature class later on, great, that means no lunch for today.

I walk into the library, as some of the kids keep on staring at me, and somehow, I have gotten used to this whole situation, unfortunately. So I just brush things off and pretend I don't notice anything.

As I get in the library, Mrs Welling is sitting there with her glasses as she sorts out the library's data, and I approach her wanting to ask for permission, and of course, being the nice lady she is, she lets me in without asking why, maybe because I'm an usual here, just like when you go to a cafe often and the employee just sort of a recognize you already as the usual and get all casual, yeah, it's similar to that.

I go and search around the fiction novel corner, this is one of my favorite corner on the library other than the poet and modern science corners which is filled with lots of excitement.

I see the book being put on one of the higher corner on the shelf and when I am about to reach it, another hand already grabs it, as I turn around to look who it is, a voice already speaks.

"The classic Harry Potter, huh ?"

My eyes meet a pair of dark blue eyes, he gives me a dazzling smile as he hands over the book to me.

"Well, it seems like I help you again this time"

"It isn't as high as before, I could reach it myself you know" I say as I grab a seat. He follows me and take a seat in front of me.

It's not like before, this time, I actually can reach the book by myself, so I don't see a reason why he should do that, maybe trying to be impressive, but why ? I have no idea.

"Well, never mind that"

I try to read some of the pages but I feel slightly uncomfortable as I feel Tobias keep on staring at me.