Thirty One : Precious Moments

"Use your precious moments to live life fully every single second of every single day"

-Marcia Wieder-

***

Odette's P.O.V

The difference between someone you date because of a temporary feelings, and someone you date because you unconsciously love them since beginning, is the way you look at them, and the way you handle things with them.

It has been a month since I broke up with Tobias, I don't know why, but I feel like there was this huge burden on my chest finally got off when I did so. And how crazy it is, that on the very same night when I was hurt, I got confessed by a boy I never even knew had feelings for me.

Life is funny, one moment you are crying, and before you know it, the next moment, you are laughing like you are the happiest person on earth.

I feel like I have been pranked by God in a way, but I'm actually thankful, because it's a sign that Tobias is just not for me. But what happens afterward still bothers me.

Tobias has been trying to contact me, whether it's by text messages, calls, or in real life. He has apologized so many times, and to be honest, I don't feel like holding grudges on him because after all, he has been a nice person to me, still, I just don't like talking to him for a while.

Today is the last day of school in this semester, which means we are going to have summer break soon. And for this summer break, Diego and I are actually planning on going camping on a mountain area that would take a few hours ride from here. And my family is actually okay with it.

Yes, I introduced Diego to them and at first, they were kind of worried about it , because I just got together with someone else so soon after my birthday, and deep down inside they are just afraid that I might get hurt by boys again, but they believe that I am already grown up and I could handle things on my own, so they let me date Diego, and my mother also likes him because he is Latino just like her and she could relate to him in so many ways, while my dad , isn't really fond of him at first, but he isn't against it as well.

And about his sister, she would be in the care of his grandparents now, along with his mother. A lot of thing happened in the past few months, and he told me everything about it.

He told me about his grandparents, and at first, I was surprised when he told me that their grandparents are some of the wealthiest people in Mexico, even though they actually live in Brazil as a wealthy old couple with their own Caipirinha business, and Mexico is their old home that they often visits.

His father is on the progress of going to jail for drunk driving, domestic abuse and child abuse, but he is still on the loose until the whole process could be finished.

I know, a lot has happened, but it feels good to be open to each other when you are trying to have a long lasting relationship.

Right now, I am preparing everything for the camping trip. I guess it's not much to be brought since it's going to be only the two of us. The mountain isn't all that scary and dangerous after all, so I guess we don't need to bring lots of products.

Let's see, tent, clothes, shower stuff, first aid kit, shoes, some books, quick foods, bug repellent, some basic cooking stuff and eating tools, and some extra warm blanket for the tent. Plus some stuff my mom asks me to bring just in case, she is kind of paranoid at times.