Four : Charmed or Not

"I just really don't like being the center of attention that much, it's kind of ironic"

-Jimmy Fallon-

***

Odette's P.O.V

"OMG, girls, have you heard about the rumor ?" Ashley, one of the girl in my class start gossiping in the seat right behind me with other girls.

"What is it ?"

"I heard that Diego and Maya has some sort of relationship !" She exclaim in excitement.

"But I thought Tobias had a thing with her"

"Nah, it doesn't matter, she can even take both" says one of the girl. That's very rude and inconsiderate actually.

"No way, I always had a crush on Diego since long ago" says Zara who pops out, out of nowhere.

"Well, that's too bad" I can hear the other two girls following from behind her.

"But Zara, he was never yours to begin with" Ashley says in a mocking tone, making the already pissed of Zara feeling even worse.

"Urgh, you know what, whatever, okay !? I will definitely get him one day, just watch me !" She says as she walks away, as fast as when she appear.

Without realizing it, as I hear them talking, I have done some pretty crazy doodling on a piece of paper, just like what I have always done even back then in middle school, guess some things just never change, but there is a scientific fact that stated that people who doodle instead of simply daydreaming during the days are smarter or something, I don't know, I just like random facts.

Maybe I should consider going to an art school, even though I pretty much hate rules in drawing, because you know, it's easier to draw on your own will, with your own style, free of silly rules and free from some useless art teachers who can't even explain to you the basic of art tools.

Not that I'm hating on them, but it's true when you have been to one.

At least it's better than math, physics, and chemistry lessons which I regret choosing, I should have taken the literature class instead, at least I am not the worst ranked kid at class, not that your grade matter much after you graduate, and there is still art class so, I guess things are under control.

***

Right after the lunch break bell rings I decide to go to the library because I have some art project to work on and I need some references and inspiration.

I look around and meet the sweet Mrs Welling, the librarian here that is literally the only teacher I don't dislike that much due to their attitude.

"What are you looking for today ?" She asks me nicely and I reply nicely as well "I am looking for some photography or maybe painting books, need some inspiration for my art class"

"Well, that's on the second to right on the corner shelves area, just try there first" I nod my head and give her a smile.

"Thanks"

I head to the area she mentioned earlier, one thing that I really like about this school library is the fact that every single books here are so well arranged and tidy, making it look pleasant to the eyes, and it doesn't take me that long to find one that I am searching for.

The only problem is that the book is on the highest part of the shelf, and I am 5"3 remember ? And this shelf is like 5"7 tall or something, and my hand is not long enough to reach it, short girls problem.

Just then, I feel someone's hand reaching for the book, and I turn my head to see Tobias helping me as he pull out the book I was reaching for.

"Here, you need this right ?" He says with a smile on his face, I nod and return his smile.

"Thank you"

I try to leave to take my seat on one of the chair, but then my action is cut by his words.

"Wait, I know you" he says as he approaches me.

"You are that girl who fell in the cafeteria right ? The glasses girl ?"

So, that is the way he remembers me ? As the glasses girl who fell in cafeteria due to tripping on her own as he was having a conversation with his closet crush ?

Okay, maybe I am exaggerating.

A little bit.

"Yeah, that was me" I say trying to not look offended.

"Oh, sorry, it's just, it's pretty interesting to talk to you, you know"

No, I don't know.

I give a forced smile as I take my seat and open the book, images of beautiful and random things immediately appear, triggering my artistic brain function.

"Is this for a project ?"

Of course it is, why are you even asking ? Like seriously.

"Yeah" I reply shortly.

"Cool, I have never had any interest in art, but maybe it's not that bad at all"

"It's fine, people have different taste on things, after all"

"Oh, right, I haven't even asked your name, may I know who you are ?"

Why is he keep bothering me ?
Now he is asking for my name.

Okay, maybe I am being slightly rude, but I can't help it, when I am too focused on doing something, I hate being disturbed.

"Odette Haven Chen, just call me Odette, because my actual last name is a Chinese name that doesn't match well with my first name, don't know how that works"

"Okay, that's pretty interesting" he says.

"But Odette is a pretty name, it reminds you of the swan lake tale, don't you think ?"

Swans ?

"Yeah, thanks I guess"

Suddenly his phone rings and as soon as he look at it, his expression changes slightly.

"Well, Odette, I guess I will see you later then" I nod, and he gives me one last smile before leaving the library.

Great, now I can actually study in peace, it's not like I don't like other's presence around me, I just simply don't like being disturbed while working, that's all.

Now, where was I ?