Thirty Six : Without Him

"I exist in two places, here, and where you are"

-Margaret Atwood-

***

Odette's P.O.V

"Odette, it seems like you are spacing out in my class again" Mrs Fin says as she gives me "the look" and I try to snap out from my own thought and she narrows her eyes at me and she points at her board.

"Well, it seems like she has known the answer for this problem, huh ? How do you measure the sine for this right triangle again ?"

"Opposite divide hypotenuse" I tell her quickly and she narrows her eyes at me once more before getting back into her lesson.

Thank God I already studied for that.

There is a very good reason as of why I am spacing out right now. I am already on my senior year and I am about to graduate from high school very, very, soon.

Time seems to move on quickly here. Without him here, or near me, I feel a sense of emptiness. It's like a hard feelings pushing through me. Everyday, my life continues, just like that, and even though we talk almost every night together through phone calls, messages, and skype sometimes, but still, I wish that I can just feel him here near me.

What is life without him like here ?

Well, not much changes for the strangers kids who never bother. Zara and her group keeps on whining about the absence of one of the 'princes' at school, and they still hate me like usual.

It's just, this time, I am no longer scared of letting the real me out. I manage to stand up for myself a few times, and it seems like it gives them a lesson. I guess now they will have to think twice before messing with me again.

But mean girls will always be mean girls.

Everyday, I miss his presence at school, sure, now I can hang out with Amy and some other new kind girls I just found out about, I guess before, I was just afraid of changes or opening myself up, I mean, I realize now, not all of the girls at this school are mean or bitchy like Zara and her group.

The math class always seem a little bit lonely without him. Before, he could just help me whenever there is something difficult for me to solve, I still remember it when he helped me with calculus problem, and I still remember when we were put in the same group to do a project together.

But I use this as a motivation, I study harder than I thought I ever could now. I mean I still struggle with some equation problems but I have fallen in love with science and maths lately, and maybe, I will apply to a psychology major in my local college, like what I have always planned since entering this place, and I will go to the same college that Diego will probably attend, because the city that I currently live in has a pretty great quality college, but the requirements to go there is pretty difficult so I need to increase my study.

Mrs Fin doesn't sound too annoying anymore now, and the best part is since my grades have increased, she cannot complain to me with her nosy voice anymore.

Regarding Maya...

She is still upset about the whole thing, I don't know how much she has tried to get Diego but she has been a hell kind of woman to me, and honestly, I could understand her feelings as a woman, but her attitude toward me is just not acceptable and it is not my fault if Diego doesn't love her like the way she loves him.