Three : Tripping Over Myself

"I've spent my life being embarassed"

-Jessica Chatain-

***

Odette's P.O.V

It doesn't take me long to realize that right now, at this moment, everyone in the cafeteria has their eyes on me, which is pretty embarrassing.

I almost break my glasses but fortunately it doesn't fall completely from my face, and I hurt my elbows, I think my knee also has some bruises by now, but honestly, my feelings hurt more than my physical pain, which is like the worst feeling ever.

I try not to embarrass myself even more and start to pick up myself, I notice one by one, the students start laughing until the cafeteria is filled with laughter of amusement.

I don't want to seek any trouble right now so I just decided to pretend I never fell and just plan to leave quietly, but before I am able to do so, I see Maya and Tobias approaching me.

Maya stands before me first and ask me if I am okay, that is very considerate of her, but not trying to be rude, I don't need it right now.

"I'm fine, thank you" I say as I walk away from them. The room just get silent as I feel the state of people from behind me.

When I step out from it I feel like I can breath again. Inside felt like I was choked by the invisible thread and now that the pressure is gone, I'm feeling better. I should have known to be more careful, maybe the next time I get in that kind of situation again I need to break one of my finger to restrain myself.

Never mind, I should just go back to the classroom, that seems just right.

The next lesson is seriously the most boring lesson in the world, which is math. Come on, like I said before, no one likes math 100 %, not even scientist.

And guess what is the worst part ? Tobias and Diego are both in the same class as me, and I have to cover myself with my hoodie to avoid staring at them, Diego who is sitting right behind me and Tobias who is sitting on two seats beside me.

"Alright everyone, we will make a group project to solve this matter, please hurry up and pair up with someone" Mrs. Dine says as she claps her hands.

Everyone starts going to their friend and pair up, meanwhile I feel like a lost cat here.

I am trying my best find someone, but Amy is not here and I don't necessarily have any friends here, great, am I going to end up solving this extremely difficult question by myself ? I barely understand the formula.

I turn my head to see Diego pairing up with a beautiful blonde woman named Ruth and Tobias with Zara, which is quite an eccentric combination if you ask me.

Just then, I notice a particular someone hasn't gotten a pair yet, it's Aaron, the B grade black guy who is all about beatboxing, and his group consists of seven people which explains why he hasn't gotten a pair yet.

And surprisingly, he is the one approaching me first to ask me to work together with him. I nod in agreement because I don't want to be left behind. I guess not everyone is asshole in this place.

We take our seats after arranging the tables and chairs, and we are facing each other right now, the teacher pretty much only gives us questions after short explanation, and we have to do the rest ourselves.

I do the part that I can do and he does the part that he can do before we exchange our answers to each other and although he does more numbers than I do, he is not that good at explaining things which cause one number to be left out.

"One more minute" she says, I immediately panicked, he has done his and I still haven't done mine yet, he really want to help but he isn't that great at explaining.

I Don't want to get a B on a group project because it's the easiest form of test one can have. This is why I want to get at least A- but it would be impossible if I don't do this one question.

When the time is finally up, and everyone is submitting their answers, amongst my panicking moment, suddenly out of nowhere I feel someone instructing me what to do from behind, I cannot turn my eyes back so I just do as the voice says and it is finished wishing thirty seconds before the teacher finishes gathering all the papers.

After Mrs Dine finishes collecting my paper, I turn my back to see Diego turning his head away from me.

Was it him ?
Was it him who helped me ?

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I am pretty sure he was the one helping me, after all, he was the one sitting behind me, but then again, how did he even know that I was struggling to answer that last question ?

Weird, I guess.

Well, whoever it was, I feel grateful, at least I don't have to cry over getting a B.

***

I am about to go home when I hear some whispering noises from the corner of the hallway.

Pushed by my curiosity, I turn my head to see what it is or what it's all about, and it doesn't take me long to figure out two recognizable figure standing near each other.

I see Maya and Diego, standing very close to each other, as Maya wraps her hand on Diego's neck, and looks at his eyes with such look on her eyes.

"Diego" she says as she look at him, while Diego remains silent, but he still has a cold expression on his face just like usual.

"I love you" Maya says as she tries to pull her legs and meet His lips with hers.

At that moment I feel like throwing up, and I just know that I couldn't witness this any longer, so I decide to turn my back and go straight to the parking area.

***

As I get home, I go to the shower and turn the water to the coldest temperature I can handle, I close my eyes slowly, as I feel the water running down throughout my body.

I can't seem to take things off from that scene that happened earlier, I mean, Maya and Diego ? I could have never guessed.

And also, isn't Maya close with Tobias ? I mean compared to Diego, I see Maya hanging out with Tobias more oftenly.

Wait a minute

What does that have to do with me ?

It's none of my business for goodness' sake. I shouldn't bother with other people personal life, especially their love life.

But why do I feel bothered so much ?