Seven : His Attention

"I was always really shy so I'd never try to get a guy's attention"

-Kim Kardashian-

***

Odette's P.O.V

I feel his breath behind my neck, I can't even tell you how close he is to me now, I can feel my heart beating really fast, I am unsure of what to do and I can feel my cheek redden.

"I told you to meet me after school, didn't I ?" He whispers right through my ear.

Crap.

My body moves on it's own and suddenly I'm already grabbing his hand and twist it over.

Oh no, it's happening again.

He let go of his hands from mine as I loosen my grip on his. He stares at me as I slightly look down, but it's too late as he has witnessed all that thing. Fortunately this man knows some martial arts and the basic of fighting as well so I don't feel that bad for twisting his arms.

I mean, it's just common manner that you shouldn't do that to a person, come on, you know it's true, it's not my fault.

"Sorry" is all I could say. He stares at me as he is about to slap me but he stops his hand right on my face, and pull away a strand of hair that has been covering my face.

How embarrassing, how can he do that ?

"No, it was my fault, I shouldn't have surprised you"

Great, we both meet an agreement, so now, there is only one last thing to be cleared up.

"What do you want to talk about ?"
"You know martial arts, don't you ?"

He stares at me sharply, straight in the eyes, as he doesn't run around the bushes and get straight to the point. This man never holds back his will, huh ?

"Why does it matter ?" I ask him back with the same gaze, I don't know why, but whenever this kind of question pops out, I just get all sensitive.
Maybe it's because of habit ? I don't know, maybe it's programmed in my brain, well, it doesn't matter now.

"Just answer the question" he replies with a straight tone.

What's with this situation ? Why do I feel like both of us are in some sort of fighting mode.

"So what if I do ?" As those words come out of my mouth, he relax down and sigh.

"I should have known, a plain girl with no twist doesn't exist in this world"

"What do you mean ?"

"Never mind, but I do have one question"

"What is it ?" I ask him with curiousitu on my eyes. What kind of question would someone as Diego have ? I mean, we've only known each other for less than two months, and he never even recognized me before, well, that's until that day.

"Why don't you fight back ?"

Huh ? What kind of question is that ?

There is a brief silence between both of us. I look at his eyes and I can see that he is seriously curious.

Why don't I fight back ?