Thirty Seven : Prom Day

"Many of these girls treat their prom like they would treat their weddings"

-Pat Wilders-

***

Odette's P.O.V

"Odette, hurry up, try on the dress !" My sister has been screaming at me since this morning, because apparently she is more excited than I am for this prom, it's kind of weird how the whole things work, but for some reason I am not that excited about this.

Maybe because he is not here and I have to go to prom alone without a date. I mean I would rather go alone than to go with Tobias because there is no way I am going with him.

My mother bought me a simple navy blue dress wit flowy ends and a matching necklace with it. I don't know why but I feel like wearing a dress like that is so not my style, but since it's prom, I guess I can make an exception.

I put on the dress and the necklace and go to look at myself in the mirror. I guess I look really nice. My mother helps me arrange my hair because she wants to make sure that I look a little extra on the special day, my hair is curled and then styled in a princess braid, then she helps me with my makeup, she puts on some light brown Eyeshadow all over my lids and some dark brown on my outer V and on my crease, I just apply a thin layer of eyeliner and some mascara then I Contour my own face and put on some Highlighter, and a nude peach lipstick to top things off,

By the time I am done getting ready, my sister gasps and she shakes her head which makes me feel confused.

"Who knows that Odette can actually look like a swan ???" She says teasingly,

"Yeah, I don't think it fits me as well" i say to her and my mom nudges the side of my hand.

"You look pretty, don't be insecure, my daughters are all gorgeous, you know"

I smile hearing those words from her, I really need encouragement on a time like this.

They say prom is supposed to be a really special day, that once in a lifetime experience that will never be repeated, or a day where you can be yourself and the day before stepping into the real world.

So why am I not excited about this at all ? But I certainly try to brace myself for this, and for the rest of my friends and my family as well.

Wow, I really sound like I am about to do a job interview or something. Wish I can just stop complaining.

The prom is held before graduating like how most school in the US does, and for the prom party itself is going to be held in a fancy hotel near here, and I have made a plan with Amy and the rest of my friends (yes, I managed to have friends) and all of us are going to go in a rented limousine.

After I am done, I get down to the living room to see my parents sitting there and looking all proud of me. My father who is usually quiet even compliments me on this, and I can't ask for more appreciation that what they already have.

"So, is my girl ready for prom ?" My mother asks me and I nod my head.

For some reason, I have to lift my own spirit and blends in with the excitement, after all, I am only going to do this once in my life.