Twenty Eight : Eavesdropping

"Hedges have eyes and the wall have ears"

-English Proverb-

***

Diego's P.O.V

I don't like watching her with Tobias, and even though I don't have the right to feel this way, still, I can't help it.

You cannot control your own feelings, and suppressing it will only cause damage to yourself, even I know that much.

and what do I do to distract my mind from it ?

I fight.

"Hey Diego, are you ready ?" My older friend Diablo pats my back, I look at him and give him a slight nod.

Diablo is my mentor type of guy, he was the one who introduced me to all of these stuff, and he gave me all of the reward money whenever I win, which makes me believe that he is not a greedy man.

Right now I'm at a street martial art competition, The first time I ever know about this kind of thing is when I was fourteen, I entered my first one when I was fifteen, right when I needed money for my mother, yes, it may not be completely legal, but as long as the police doesn't find out about it, it shouldn't be a problem

They always hold this kind of thing on a while, with different kind of martial arts, but this time, what they are holding is Freestyle martial art, and I always learned a little bit of every kind of martial arts, so this should be a piece of cake.

This kind of competition will give a good amount of reward, and even though I usually come here to get some money, this time, I'm just trying to release all my anger, or should I say, My jealousy ?

After doing some warm up on the back stage, I'm finally ready to face my rival for now. He is two years older than me, meaning he is eighteen, skinny but muscular body, and strong jaw, but judging from his appearance, he seems to have had an injury on his leg beforehand.

Great, I will take advantage of that.

The starting signal is on, and he begins attacking me first. I can see that he is aiming for my jawline, because striking there would make me feel dizzy, and so, before he could do that, I moved my body in a rapid movement to his back, and when he turns to face me, I begin punching him straight in the face, causing him to fall, and when he already falls, I lock his position, and begin Beating him, until he is unconscious.

Well, this one is pretty easy, and when the ring man counts until ten, he still hasn't waken up yet.

Now we all know who is the winner here, well, I expected a little bit more challenge, but at least my emotions are out.

"Good job man, here's your reward." Diablo says as he holds out a pocket filled with the reward money. It's usually a few hunderds to a few thousands dollar, depending on who funds the match.

"Thank you" I tell him.

"Heading home so soon ?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I need to watch over my little sister, so that freak father of mine doesn't harm her"

"Well, I thought you were going to deal with him"