[ t w o ]

"Meet Jeon Jungkook, our new employee or should I say — florist, of our flower shop

"Meet Jeon Jungkook, our new employee or should I say florist, of our flower shop."

Sori gulped nervously, staring straight at Jungkook who had a slight smirk spread across his lips. Clearing her throat, she extended her hand for a hand shake.

"Nice seeing you here, Jungkook." He shook her hand, squeezing it tightly for a second before letting it go.

"You guys know each other?" Minjee asked and Sori chuckled, nodding her head.

"He's my next-door neighbour back on campus." She replied and Jungkook's eyes slightly widened. 

"Well then, I guess you can start. I'll leave you here while I go and arrange some new deliveries at the back." Minjee insisted as she started to head back towards the delivery room.

Sori let out a small breath before smiling, "before you insult me, let me remind you, I can take this job away from you in seconds."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm just protecting myself." She shrugged her shoulders, "and it doesn't look like you'll hurt."

"Just promise me one thing." He began, and she turned over her shoulder, a tulip in her hand.

"Promise? What do you want me to promise?" She teased.

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone that I work here, and that I am somehow affiliated to selling flowers, alright?" 

"I don't keep promises, Jeon. All promises are meant to be broken, anyway." She smirked.

"Are you two okay back there?" The two of them heard Minjee call out from the delivery room.

Sori and Jungkook exchanged looks.

"We're fine, we were just about to start training."

No one knew about Sori's past, or anything that resulted in her strong hate towards Jungkook. But if the rumors were still somehow spreading around the school campus, they were right. 

The rumors were right.

It was the last year of high school, that memorable year that the seniors had spent together before splitting apart for university or college. But to Sori's dismay, she couldn't help being in denial for her feelings for Jungkook anymore.

Sori treated Jungkook just like every other girl when they were seniors, she would secretly fawn over him. She hoped that she would be that special girl that Jungkook would always portray to his friends. Her honeymoon phase began the moment Jungkook finally noticed her.

He noticed her, how she was always the top student of every class the two had shared. Sori felt like she was on Cloud 9, every single girl envied her for being that special girl, for being the new girl that Jungkook portrayed to his friends.