[ e l e v e n ]

[ PRESENT ]

[ PRESENT ]

a/n: yes, this chapter will kind of go back and forth from present to the past, in case you were wondering. therefore, this chapter will shift from present to past tense. also, this is in third pov! 

"Sori-ssi?"

Sori looks up from her laptop to see her secretary standing at the door, with a smile on her face. She smiles back, raising her eyebrows questioningly. "Yes?"

"Mr. Jeon is here for his appointment with you," she says softly. "He's waiting right outside of your office."

"Ah," she nods her head, "thanks, by the way, if anyone calls for me, please just tell them I'm working with a client, the couple is planning on going out with me to do cake testing."

"Sori-ssi, it's just Mr. Jeon that came for the cake testing," she says. 

"Oh," she frowns, "that's odd. Anyways, please take messages for my calls and I'll call them back when I come back from my appointment with Mr. Jeon."

Sori stands up and shuts down her laptop before she heads out of her office. She closes the door and stops in her tracks when she sees Jungkook sitting right in front of her. He slowly looks up from one of the catalog magazines, smiling softly.

"Is Hyori not going to come with you?" She asks and Jungkook purses his lips into a line.

"She's.. pretty busy with work right now, she won't be able to make it." He replies and she nods her head. 

"Well then, I guess you should keep her cake preferences in mind because you wouldn't want to make a mistake with your wedding cake," Sori chuckles. "You wouldn't want that, right?"

He nods his head. "Yeah, definitely not."

"Shall we head out?" She insists, and he hops onto his two feet as the two of them headed to her car. 

As they hop into her car, they head out onto the road, and all Jungkook could do was look out the window. For the first few minutes on the road, the two of them had not spoken a single word. Jungkook had wished that the travel time would be much more shorter, for he did not know where they were going to conduct their cake testing. But it was almost as if fate was not in his favour.

"The traffic is really bad today," she mumbles softly. "It's alright, we can pop into the bakery shop anytime, no appointment needed."

Jungkook glances at her, and his eyes trail down towards her hands. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, noticing that not even a silver band was wrapped around her fourth finger. 

"That little girl," he began, "the one who interrupted our meeting, not that I'm complaining, is she.. your daughter?"

Sori looks at Jungkook as the traffic had stopped the car from moving a single inch. She slowly smiles, nodding her head. "Yoojung is my daughter."

"Who's.. her father?" He asks, "sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, it's been a while since we've seen each other and I think it's appropriate to catch up on each other's lives."

"Oh, don't worry, I think too, that it's been quite a while since we've seen each other." Sori gulps the lump in her throat. "Taehyung is her father. Do you remember Taehyung?"

"Oh, yes, of course I do." He chuckles. "I had no idea that you both decided to start a family together."

"Oh, I think you're getting it all wrong, Jungkook." She laughs. "Yoojung is not my daughter.. biologically. But I like to consider her my daughter since her real mother never came back."

Jungkook's eyes slightly widen, and it was all making sense for him now. He purses his lips into a line, looking away from her and rubbing his eyes. 

"Well, that makes so much sense." 

[ PAST | 3 YEARS AGO ] 

Sori had woken up from her deep slumber, grabbing her phone blindly. Turning it on, she winced in pain as the screen glared back at her with the highest brightness setting. 

are you awake?
sent: 2:34 AM

can you come over?
sent: 2:35 AM

She frowned feeling Taehyung's uneasiness in his texts. In almost an instant, she got off her bed and grabbed her coat as she headed out.

where are you?
sent: 2:36 AM

i'm coming.
sent: 2:37 AM

i need you.
sent: 2:38 AM

She had reached Taehyung's house after riding her bike for ten straight minutes. She pulled out her spare key that Taehyung had given her, and barged into the townhouse. She looked around, seeing a huge mess sprawled around her. Everything from broken glass to empty beer bottles, was scattered all over the floor. 

"No, no, no, no," she mumbled to herself, looking at the picture of Taehyung and Sujin, with Sujin carrying Yoojung in her arms. "This can't be happening."

She searched the house, looking into the living room, the kitchen, until she heard a loud sob come from the bathroom upstairs. She ran upstairs and walked into Yoojung's bedroom only to see her sleeping peacefully in her crib. Oh, thank God. 

"Taehyung-ah?" She called out, and another loud sob escaped the bathroom. She ran outside and into Taehyung's room, her eyes tearing up as she sees tons of empty beer bottles scattered on the carpet floor. The faucet was running, and the scent of feminine perfume filled the atmosphere.

She slowly walked towards the bathroom, and when she did, she felt her heart break at the sight of Taehyung, sitting in the empty bathtub, all curled up in the corner as he continued to cry. She hesitated, her eyes trailing from his messy hair, down towards his shivering body. She turned towards his bed and grabbed the blanket before walking towards him.

She stepped into the bathtub, wrapping the blanket around him and pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her, crying heavily as she rubbed his back soothingly. 

"She came back," he whispered in between sobs, hiccuping as well. "And she threatened me, she said she was going to take Yoojung away from me and bring her to America."

Sori nodded her head, hugging him tightly as she felt her eyes start to sting. "Thank God she's still here."

"She was drunk," he continued. "She started to throw her beer bottles at me, she ruined the whole house, but the only thing I cared about was Yoojung. I ran to her and locked the door to her room, I didn't want to lose her."

"I called the police because I was terrified, I was so terrified that she would just take Yoojung away from me.. and the thought of what she'd do to Yoojung I—"

He choked on his sobs, and Sori hushed him, rubbing his back again. 

"Don't worry, Yoojung is safe. You're safe." She reassured him. "You scared me, but I'm happy that you're okay. I'm glad that Yoojung is okay."

He slowly started to catch his breath, snuggling into her neck. "Thank you, Sori. Thank you for being here, with me."

The two of them pulled away from the hug, his nose brushing hers. He realized that he was inches away from her lips. He stared into her eyes, down towards her lips. She hesitatingly reached at his cheeks, wiping away his tears. 

"I think I'm in love with you," he whispered, before he leaned in and pulled her into a kiss.