[ f o u r t e e n ]

"And I still am

"And I still am."

She snaps out of her trance at the sight of Taehyung snapping his fingers in front of her vision. She stares at him with a bewildered look, but he tilts his head in confusion. He looks concerned, however, Yoojung was too busy finishing her bowl of noodles to even notice that Sori's food hasn't been touched.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been falling into a trance a lot lately, did something bad happen at work?" Taehyung asks her before reaching over the table to press his hand over her forehead. "You don't look sick either... you don't have a fever. Are you sure nothing bad happened?"

"N-Nothing bad happened at work, Tae, it's just... I'm really exhausted." She lies, and she knows that Taehyung isn't believing any of it. But she can't let him know.

She can't let him know what had happened yesterday. 

❁❁❁

"But I was an idiot." Jungkook frowns. "And I still am."

She watches him as he immediately turns away from her, shaking his head vigorously as if he was trying to get all of his thoughts out of his head. She quickly shuts her eyes, wishing that she didn't agree to hear him out. She knew he was trouble and nothing but trouble, but she still didn't know why she would always conform to anything that was in relation to him.

"This is stupid," he chuckles before looking back at her. "Funny how I always bring up our relationship"

"We were never in a relationship, Jungkook." She cuts him off the moment she heard those words come out of his mouth. He falls silent, and she feels her hands ball into fists. "I hope you understand that."

"Right." He nods his head. "You're right. We were never in a relationship."

"And we never will be"

"But why do you make it seem like this is my fault?" He asks her. "Why do you make me question whether or not I want to get married to Hyori?"

"What are you talking about?" She looks at him as he sighs.

"What are you doing to me?" He says his thoughts aloud. "Why are you making me regret? Why are you making me feel like I'm still in love with you"

"Don't finish what you're about to say, Jungkook." She cuts him off. "Don't you dare."

"Answer my questions, then." He demands. "Why are you doing this?"

"I'm not doing anything, Jungkook." She laughs with a confused look on her face. "I've done nothing but be your wedding planner. Is there something I've been doing?"

"Tell me why you pretended like we didn't know each other on our first meeting with you. Tell me why you claimed that Yoojung is your daughter, but she's not the slightest bit blood-related to you. Tell me." He looks serious, but she could only shake her head in dismay.

"You want me to tell you the reasons of all this stuff, don't you?" She asks. "Then why don't you tell me this? Tell me why you didn't wait for me to tell you how I felt that day. Tell me why you left for America without telling me until I found out. Tell me why out of all event planners in this whole country, you chose my company knowing that I'm in it. Tell me."

"I didn't let you tell me how you felt for me on the day that I left because I didn't want to hurt you knowing that I was leaving for what I thought was 'forever'. I didn't tell you that I was leaving for America because you would get hurt. I chose you to plan my wedding because you're the only person that knows me the most." He explains. "Now tell me why, answer all my questions."

"I don't need to tell you why to everything you're thinking about, Jungkook." She shakes her head, "you don't need to"

"I need to know, Sori!" He exclaims, and she flinches at his voice. "I need to know because for as long as I don't know, you're the only reason why I've been up at night, thinking about the 'what if''s and the 'I wish's'. For as long as I don't know, you're the only person who my heart wants."

"I think I should leave," she whispers, quickly grabbing her things and just as she's ready to leave, he grabs her wrist and causes all of her things to fall to the ground.

He pulls her back until he grabs her cheeks, pressing his lips against hers. She stiffens, her eyes widened as she tries to process what had just happened. As he wraps his arms around her waist, she immediately pushes him away from her. He stares at her, lost and broken as she touches her lips that had traces of Jungkook's lips.

"Don't you dare see me again. Go find another wedding planner." She whispers, tears beginning to flow down her cheeks. He only stares at her with shock. "And you know what you need? Closure. You need closure because I don't want to start believing that I'm still in love with you."

"Sori"

"You should go back to your fiance," she grabs her things and leaving him before turning over her shoulder to give him one last look. "You're the only person she needs right now."

❁❁❁

With Yoojung in her arms, she hugs her tightly as the tears start to flow down her cheeks. Yoojung is fast asleep, and Sori gently places her on her bed before leaving the room. She hears the door open, and she quickly wipes away her tears.

"Hot chocolate for you," she turns towards Taehyung who hands her a warm mug. "You sure you're okay?"

She places the mug down onto the bedside table before pulling him into a hug, wrapping her arms around his waist. He's taken aback before wrapping his arms around her, pulling her closer to his chest. She tries to blink away the tears, trying her best to let him know that she was completely fine and nothing was bothering her.

However, Taehyung could only sense suspicion and everything lying underneath it even with the sounds of her soft snifles and her pink eyes. He knew that it had to do with her client, the engaged man, Jeon Jungkook.

❁❁❁

a/n: ahh yes the angst is still not over, I hope you guys are aware of that. also, i've read all your comments but guys... 101 notifications in one night?! you guys are seriously the best. I didn't expect this story to have so much love and appreciation and I am beyond grateful that you have put so much time into reading this story, and ESPECIALLY waiting for me to update. I hope you guys like this chapter, and please give me feedback as it will help me write future stories and updates with better strategies. but yes, just wanted to inform you guys that the angst has just started... and it's not going to be gone until everything finally comes together. love you!