[ t w e l v e & a h a l f ]

[ PAST | 4 years ago ] 

(a/n: this chapter will be called 12.5 or 'twelve and a half' mainly because this is kind of like the story behind Jungkook's thoughts in chapter 12. also, this is sort of the backstory that will kind of tie everything up.)

Would things have been different if I didn't go to America? Would things have been different if I actually heard her out? Would things have been different if I stopped her from running to him?

He stared at his passport and his plane tickets one last time, and his eyes then trailed down towards his packed suitcase that was ready. Things would be so much different for him when he finally settles down in America. A new university, new friends, new relationships, a new future. It was all planned for him, but he truly never planned it for himself.

"Jungkook-ah, we think it's better for you to study abroad. We saved up so much money for you to go there, we care about your education."

He chuckled bitterly, of course, his parents would only care about him trying to level himself up against his other relatives who look down on him for being that kid who didn't care about his grades or his future that was being sacrificed in the hands of his own. But it was that doubt in him that was screaming for him to listen to his parents because they only know the best for him.

But it only took one person to clear up his troubled thoughts. His eyes found their way towards the wilted roses that settled in a vase on his desk. 

It had been almost a month since the last time he had spoken to Sori. But ever since then, he had never seen someone so broken, so lost, just like him. Whenever their eyes would meet, she would only turn away from him and run in the opposite direction. His heart would scream for him to run after her, clear things up with her, but it was his parents' voices inside his head that were tying him down to the ground.

If only you knew how much I want to talk to you, hold you in my arms, tell you what's on my mind. But I can't.

He heard a knock on his door, he let out a deep sigh before he grabbed his suitcase and his things. As he headed towards his door, he looked back to see his empty dorm room. He pursed his lips into a line before he headed out, following his father as he lead the two of them towards the parking lot. But just in time, as he stepped out of the dorm, he stopped in his tracks when he saw Sori across the hallway.

"J-Jungkook," he heard her stutter, and he let his head hang low. He grabbed his things, locking his door before heading towards the elevator. He pushed past her, and she turned around, watching him step into the elevator.

He noticed that she caught a glance at his suitcase, his passport, and it signaled her to follow him. She called out to him, while his father had insisted that he should wait at the front door while he gets the car.