[ t w e n t y - o n e ]

[ THIRD PERSON ]

[ THIRD PERSON ]

"Where are you?"

She hears him on the other line, and she immediately gets up from bed. He sounds helpless, almost as if this situation has happened before. It was so familiar to her, the way her heart was thumping as if it was going to burst out of her chest, her breathing growing heavier with every passing minute. 

"What's going on?" She asks, and Jungkook could only let out another sob.

"I was bound to be left behind anyways," he whispers, "Hyori cheated on me, she's been cheating for a long time, while we were engaged too."

"W-What?" She stutters, and she hears Jungkook sniff. She feels her heart weaken.

"Why do they always leave me?" He whispers, thinking aloud. "Why do they always leave me? Is it because I'm not good enough? Is it because I'm easy to fool? Why?"

"Jungkook, where are you?" She questions him and he lets out another laugh, but this time around, she knows it's not sincere and it was making her grow worried. "Jeon Jungkook, where are you?"

"Does it matter?" He sighs, "everyone leaves me, and to think that I was about to get married to her even though she's been sleeping with someone else behind my back and―and I don't deserve you, Sori. I really don't."

"Jungkook, don't say that―"

"It's true. You don't have to lie, Sori." Jungkook cuts her off, and she hears a few car honks on the other line. "I don't deserve you, I've been such a fucking jerk to you and I don't even deserve your forgiveness. I even ruined your relationship with Taehyung and the both of you love each other, and here I am, ruining everything because I'm selfish, I want you all to myself."

"Jungkook―"

"Which is why you should just let me go. Just let me go. You deserve better. You deserve Taehyung, not me." He whispers. "I'll give you your closure, if that's what you want, so that I'll never bother you again."

"Jungkook, where are you?! I'm coming." She says urgently and Jungkook sighs again. "Where are you? You better tell me, I'm getting worried."

Before she could utter another sentence, he hangs up on her. She gasps, and the only thing she could do was grab her coat and hop into her car. She starts to drive around the city, on highways and roads to find a familiar car, and it has been nothing but tough. 

But after almost an hour of driving, she turns on an empty road, her eyes falling upon a familiar car parked by the curb. She drives up slowly towards the car, before parking right behind it. She hops out of the car, grabbing the spare blanket she brought with her, heading towards the figure sitting in front of the car, shivering from the cold. 

What a familiar situation. Was all she could think, heading towards Jungkook, who was staring off into space, lost in a broken trance. She sighs, taking a seat next to him and when she's finally beside him, she wraps the blanket around his body. He jumps at the touch, turning towards her as if he snapped out of his thoughts and trance.

"Do you know how worried I was?" She questions him softly. "I drove for an hour looking for you, I thought you were already hit by a truck or something and―"

She chokes on her words when he pulls her into a tight hug. She freezes in her spot, but she finds herself loosening up and wrapping her arms around his waist, pulling him closer. He snuggles himself into her neck, a fresh set of tears staining her coat. 

"And how could you say things like that?" She whispers. "You deserve to be loved, Jungkook. You deserve to be cared for. People leave you behind because they don't deserve you, and they know it."

"Why are you so perfect?" He mumbles into her neck and she lets out a giggle. "You're too perfect, you're too good for me, I don't deserve you and I mean it."

"And how could you say that?" She questions him.

"I could say that just by looking at how happy you and Taehyung are," he replies softly. "He loves you, you love him, Yoojung looks up to you. All I've done was step into your lives without warning and ruin it because of my own selfish feelings."

"Do you think we just need closure?" She asks him and he slowly nods his head.

"I'm still in love with you, Sori, but if you don't feel the same way, it's fine. I'll owe you the closure you deserve and I'll leave you, if that's what you want." He insists, and the both of them pull away from the hug.

"Or what if you could just give me time? Give us time?" She advises. "Because sometimes, it's you that I want, Jungkook."

"But that's only sometimes," he smiles sadly. "How can you be so sure that you feel exactly what I feel and still feel?"

"I'll be sure if you give me time to think alone," she replies. "By then, I'll give you an answer."

"If that's the case," he begins, whispering, "can I do one thing before I lose you?"

"Go ahead," she looks into his eyes as he slowly leans in.

As he leans in, he watches her flutter her eyes shut, and he gently grabs her face with his hands. He closes the gap in between them by placing his lips on hers, melting into the kiss as she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He closes his eyes, trying to savour in the moment before he knows it's truly gone forever. 

But you never lost me, Jungkook, and you never will.