[ n i n e ]

[ 7 YEARS AGO | PAST ]

a/n: since this is the past, everything will be in past-tense.
this is also in taehyung's POV.

"Taehyung-ah, this is all a mistake."

I watched Sujin from the doorway, while she glanced at the pregnancy test and back at me. I bit my lip nervously as she made her way towards me, showing me the test. Positive. Her test came back positive. There was life slowly growing in her belly, and that life was made by the two of us.

But there was only one problem. 

We were both young. We were both in our golden 17 years of existence. Of course getting a girl pregnant at 17 was a huge mistake, but if you were mature enough to raise a child, it shouldn't be a mistake at all. The creation of life was never supposed to be a mistake.

"How many tests did you take?" I asked her and she frowned.

"This is my fourth test, Taehyung. They all came back positive." She replied in a tone of panic. 

"That's.. beautiful. There's someone growing in there―"

"I can't do this." She whispered. "I can't. The small human being that's going to grow in my belly is going to be that person who'll take away my future. Taehyung, I have to go to med school, I have to―"

"Are you telling me that you don't want your child, our child?" I cut her off, completely shocked and hurt. She frowned, looking away from me. "Shouldn't you feel a bit ashamed of yourself? Why would you put your own life first before the one that has just started?"

"We're both way too young, Taehyung. This is just a mistake. We were both drunk, you didn't wear a condom and I don't have access to birth control pills. This was a mistake, and we both know it." She explained. "We have to get rid of this baby before it ruins not only your life, but also mine."

"How can a baby ruin our lives?" I asked, exasperated. "It'll only shape who we truly are. Besides, you love me, right?"

She sighed, avoiding my stare as she pulled her hands away from mine. I felt my heart shatter when she slowly shook her head. 

"I love you, Taehyung." She smiled sadly, only for her smile to falter. 

"Then why can't we just keep the child and have a family together?" 

"Because I don't love you enough to raise a child and start a family with you."

  ➵ ➵➵