[ t w e n t y - t h r e e ]

[ THIRD PERSON ] 

[ THIRD PERSON ] 

She takes her second glass of wine of the night, taking her first sip as she watches everyone mingle and catch up with each other on the dance floor. Minjee's wedding had just ended and the reception had just started, everyone still rushing through the doors to find their tables only to be distracted by friends they haven't seen since God knows how long.

But here she was, already at her seat, making her way towards the bar and taking her second glass of alcohol. 

As for Jungkook? The two of them had separated after the wedding, the two of them being pried away from each other by Yoongi and Minjee to make their way to the reception venue.

"Already getting drunk?" She turns around to see Jungkook sitting next to her at the bar.

She shakes her head, "I'm not into alcohol. This might be my last glass, anyways."

"But the party hasn't even started," he chuckles. 

"And it hasn't ended either," she shrugs her shoulders. 

He stares at her as she takes another sip of her wine. He finds himself getting lost in another trance, her beauty completely distracting him. He could only smile sadly to himself.

I don't deserve you. 

"Let's get this celebration started!" Minjee suddenly exclaims as she enters the venue with a new dress on. Sori smiles at her best friend, dancing along with her husband. 

Jungkook looks at Minjee and her husband, then back at Sori. Sori had a small smile spread across her lips, but as Sori takes another sip of her wine, her smile slowly falters. Biting her lip, she suddenly downs the whole glass, letting out a sigh as she slams the glass back down onto the countertop.

"They look good together, don't they?" She says her thoughts out loud, he raises an eyebrow at her. "Don't they?"

"They do." He nods his head in agreement. "I wonder how they both settled on spending the rest of their lives together."

"Me too." 

As an awkward silence suddenly fills the air, Jungkook starts scratching the back of his neck nervously. She begins fiddling with her fingers, and he sighs.

The two of them glance at each other, mumbling, "are you seeing someone?"

Sori quickly clears her throat, looking away from him. On the other hand, his eyes are still on her, and before she had even asked the same question he had asked her, he already had an answer. He had an answer three months ago.

"No," he replies, "it's still you, Sori."

She glances at him with unreadable eyes. He looks intently into her eyes to look for a hint, or some sort of thought that would tell him what she was feeling or what she was thinking. But he couldn't. She was completely unreadable.