[ e i g h t ]

[ PRESENT DAY ]

[ PRESENT DAY ]

"Meet my fiance, Jeon Jungkook." 

Sori stares at him, with widened eyes, but in an instant she snaps out of her trance. She smiles genuinely, waving at him before gesturing him to take a seat. On the other hand, he looks just surprised as she is.

"Hi, nice to meet you. You came just in time." She says softly, almost so naturally that he feels taken aback. "We were just getting started, anyways."

He hesitates before taking a seat right next to Hyori, who grabs his hand and smiles at him reassuringly. He glances at Sori, who's already focused on the binder that's placed in between the two of them. That is, until, she says a small 'oh'.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot to introduce myself." She chuckles, "I'm Sori, and this is Minjee."

"I know," he cuts her off slightly, only to clear his throat, "I mean—y-yeah, nice to meet you."

"Shall we get started, for real, this time?" Minjee laughs, and the two of them share at look before getting down into the book.

Jungkook stares at Sori with furrowed eyebrows. It was almost as if he was burning two holes straight at her. He didn't know if he was angry, confused, or a bit betrayed. He knew who she was, in fact, she was the one who left his heart shredded into pieces. She was the one who he fell in love with, only to get his heart broken in the process. Even if he did deserve it after what had happened to the two of them in senior year of high school, that was a completely different Jungkook that vanished when he got his second chance.

"Have you both settled on a color scheme for your wedding?" Sori asks and he snaps out of his trance. 

"Well—" Jungkook began before he gets interrupted by Hyori.

"We were thinking of having a natural looking wedding with white, coral—"

"Are you both getting married in the spring?" Sori questions and the two of them nod in reply. "Then I see why you're going for the coral colors. Getting married in the spring is pretty trendy nowadays, don't you think?"

"What do you think is best for the both of us?" Hyori asks and Minjee smiles.

"I think you suggested a good color scheme, since the both of you look really young to get married." Minjee chuckles. "I think that's a youthful color scheme to start off with, maybe let's use some pastel colors too, does that sound alright?"

"Of course!" Hyori exclaims, before settling down, "by the way, what did you both do for your weddings? Maybe I can get an idea."

"Well—" Minjee begins.

"Sori-ssi, are you married?" Hyori cuts her off, and Jungkook gulps nervously.

She glances at her, a smile starting to form across her lips, "I—"