[ f o u r ]

Somehow Sori found Jungkook at her doorstep, hours after she had finished her shift, all bruised up

"What happened to your face?"

He scoffed, shrugging his shoulders, "I don't know maybe I just somehow hit a tree because I wasn't looking."

"Come inside," she mumbled, stepping aside to let him into her dorm. She followed right behind him, pushing him in the right directions leading to her washroom.

He plopped his butt onto the counter, and he stared at her as she opened the cabinets to pull out treatment for his bruises. He slowly smiled, and when she had turned around, his smile never seemed to fade.

"Which tree did you end up bumping into?" She teased, and he rolled his eyes.

"For your information, I was busy punching the guy who led you on. I should be getting a huge thank you, here." He explained, and she froze.

She glanced up at him, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "You, what?"

"Park Jimin," he muttered, and she hit him in the arm. "Ow! You should be thanking me for beating that guy up for leading you on."

"Has anyone told you to stay out of someone's business? Don't get involved." She dabbed the damp cloth onto his bruises and he winced in pain. 

"Wow, thanks. Obviously getting punched in the face didn't hurt at all." He sighed, and she stared at him with a concerned look on her face. 

"Why?" 

"What do you mean?" He asked her, and she folded her arms.

"Why did you punch him? What made you get into a fight with him? Why did you fight him back?" She bombarded him with tons of questions and he only have one answer to them all.

"I fought him because he was simply a dickhead to you." He shrugged his shoulders. "Do you think I would let him hurt you like that? After I saw you cry your eyes out over him?"

"I didn't expect you to go this far," she mumbled. "Besides, I knew things would end like this. I'm used to it."

"Well then, stop wasting your tears over someone who's not worth a single one of them." He muttered, almost too low that she couldn't catch it. 

"What?"

"Nothing. Hurry up and fix my beautiful face." He smirked, and she playfully punched him in the arm.

"Don't blame this all on me, you were the one who made the choice of getting into a fight with him." She explained. "But at the same time, don't make me feel bad."

"Why would I make you feel bad? I did the right thing." He smiled. "He deserved it."

She sighed, damping the cloth one more time before running it all over his face that was covered with purple bruises. He stared at her whenever she winced just by looking at his bruises. 

"Why did you like him in the first place?" He whispered, and she made the biggest mistake of looking into his eyes, only to realize how close their faces were.

She cleared her throat, moving away from him and put the cloth under warm water. She shrugged her shoulders, "he's a nice guy, it's impossible not to like someone like him."

"Do you.. still like him?" He asked curiously and she raised an eyebrow.

"Would it matter to you?" She teased. 

"No, not really." He shook his head, but his heart was telling him otherwise. 

"I.. don't like him anymore." She trailed off, grabbing a bandage and placing it onto a cut on his cheekbone. 

"Then go out with me." He said softly, and she laughed.

"You're joking, right?" 

She fell silent when she had realized that he was being serious. He sighed, and when he got off the counter top, she instinctively moved back until her back hit against the cold wall. Avoiding eye contact, she could feel his burning stare on her.

"Jungkook, joking around about this stuff isn't really.." She trailed off until she felt him grab her hand.

"Let's go out on fourteen dates," he insisted, and she glanced up at him with an alarmed look.

"Jungkook, please, I'm already hurting and I don't think this would help."

"But I do." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I don't." She grabbed all of the bandages and the damp cloth, exiting the bathroom to put them away. 

He followed her out of the bathroom and quickly chased after her, until she felt herself trapped in the corner of her kitchen. He leaned in, tilting his head to the side as she felt her heartbeat begin to pick up its pace.

"Just fourteen, it won't hurt." He insisted. "Let me take you out on fourteen dates, let me help you forget about Jimin."

"Why are you doing this?" She asked him.

"That doesn't matter." He muttered.

"Well, it matters to me."

"Then go out with me." He urged her. "Just fourteen dates. Please?"

"Nope. I think you should go, Jungkook." She said sternly, grabbing his arm and dragging him towards the door. "I think you should get some sleep, too. I think it's the sleep that's talking."

"Hey, just fourteen dates!" And right before he could protest any further, the door was already slammed shut. He sighed, his hands falling to his sides as he pursed his lips into a line.

Sori shook her head, a wide grin playing on her face as she headed to her living room to take a rest. However, she could hear Jungkook talking from outside the dorm.

"If you're going to be like that, well then good luck, because I'm not going to leave you alone until you go out on fourteen dates with me."

Turning on her TV, she plopped her butt onto her cough until she heard his footsteps make its way to his dorm. She glanced at the door and slowly found herself smiling.

"Good luck to you too, Jeon."