[ n i n e t e e n ]

[ THIRD PERSON ]

[ THIRD PERSON ]

It was a chilly afternoon, the skies were grey and it was the perfect weather for sweaters. Jaeun wraps her scarf around her neck and over her shoulder as she begins to head out. She had just arrived home after dismissing her class. This was her daily routine. Her day consisted of teaching children how to read, write and pronounce words and right after she dismisses them, she's back in her lonely state, tucked away in her bed with a huge pile of marking left to do.

But her body was always screaming for her to take a break, that you're tired, and maybe you're always behind on marking because you're useless. Her thoughts always consisted of negative comments, and she knew that something was wrong.

But being the busiest person she is, she had no other choice but to live on just like that. She had no other choice but to let the voices and the negativity beat her down, make her restless, because she had no idea who to go to for help.

"Jaeun, you're going out?" She stops in her tracks, her eyes meeting Hoseok's, who had paused his show. She slowly nods her head in reply. 

"I'm heading to the library and maybe go to the cafe to get some caffeine first," she answers and he purses his lips into a tight line.

"You look dead tired, are you sure you're okay? I can help you mark some work if you're behind on marking," he insists, looking very concerned. She simply shakes her head.

You see? You're so behind on everything that Hoseok has to help your useless self. The voice tells her, and she could only grimace. 

"I'll be fine, I got this. I'm actually getting caught up on everything." She mumbles. Another lie, are you serious right now? All you do is pile up all the lies you could think of, and now you're drowning in them. You're not helping yourself.

"Alright, if you need anything, just tell me, I'm more than welcome to help you out." He smiles, and she swore that every time Hoseok smiled it was a sign that everything would be okay.

"Thanks," she smiles back, "appreciate it."

But as she heads out of the house, she immediately frowns when the voices speak again.

Useless. No wonder everyone thinks you need help, because you're so useless that you need it.

➵➵➵

She steps into the cafe with a strong scent of coffee aroma filling her nostrils. She sighs with relief, she made it alive again. Sometimes she wonders how she could even travel without getting hit by a car with all the voices inside her head distracting her from differentiating reality and her thoughts. But she's thankful enough that she was able to ignore the voices until she arrives at her destination.