[ f i f t e e n ]

"You wanted to talk?" 

Jungkook avoids eye contact with her. It has been a good two weeks since the last time Jungkook came back to their shared house. He had decided to stay away from her to get some time to think to himself, to differentiate what he wants and what he needs, who he wants and who he needs. 

"Yes. Sure." He mumbles, and she frowns. She reaches out to grab his hand but he retreats it away from her before she could even touch him. Hyori's completely surprised at his actions, almost as if he has changed in just two weeks.

"Do you mind telling me why you decided to just leave the house and not come back after two weeks? I was worried sick about you, I even had to cancel going to work—"

"So you finally decide to put me first before your own job?" Jungkook says half-heartedly and Hyori frowns. "What's important is that I'm here, right? I'm safe, I'm breathing, I'm right in front of you."

"Who are you?" She whispers. "I don't see the Jungkook I fell in love with."

"Because the one you fell in love with was not Jungkook. He was never Jungkook to begin with." He mumbles, tearing his gaze away from her. "The Jungkook you fell in love with was a broken guy, someone who didn't know anything about love, someone who—"

"Who's the girl?" She asks him. "Is that why you were gone for two weeks? Did you meet up with a girl and ended up hooking up with her—"

"God, no." Jungkook immediately shakes his head. "I didn't hook up with a girl nor did I meet up with one, I was just... taking that time to think about myself."

"But why does it seem like you changed?" She questions him. "Why does it seem like you don't want to—"

"We need to call off the wedding, this engagement, this relationship, everything." He cuts her to the chase, and she falls silent. Her face is washed over with nothing but a blank look, almost emotionless... as if he had killed her with just a few words.

"W-What?" She stutters. "Call off the wedding? The engagement? Jungkook, if it's because of my job and because I don't have time to attend the meetings... I'll change, I'll quit just to be with you."

"It's not you, Hyori." He shakes his head, placing his hands over hers. She looks completely hopeless. "It's me. It's always been me."

"But why?" She bursts out into tears. "Why do you suddenly want to call off the engagement? Do you not love me anymore?"

"I was in love with you, Hyori, but I think we should just end this relationship." He says sternly, trying to be strong for the two of them. "I'm sure there are other guys in the world who'll love you more than I did."

"Who is she?" She asks again. "I want to know who took my fiance and I want him back."

 ❁❁❁ 

"Hello, Sori-ssi, you came to pick up Yoojungie—you're definitely not Sori."

Taehyung looks at a familiar face that was sitting at a huge desk that was situated in the corner of the classroom. He tilts his head at the sight of a face that screamed familiarity but his gaze tears away the moment he is attacked by Yoojung with a huge bear hug.

"Oh, Yoojung-ah, how was school?" He ruffles her hair and Yoojung groans before slapping her father's hand away from her hair. 

"Appa, I learned how to write a sentence today!" She exclaims, before pointing towards the familiar woman who stood up and made her way towards them. "Ms. Seol gave me five stars today! Five! That's a lot of stars!"

He looks at Yoojung's teacher and she bows at him, flashing a soft smile. "You look terrifyingly familiar, have we met before?"

"M-Me?" Ms. Seol stutters, before laughing nervously. "I don't know if you remember me, Kim Taehyung-ssi... in chemistry class, perhaps?"

He blinks twice, trying to take in her face before flashing back to an image of a teenage girl who wore glasses that covered her beautiful eyes, her hair was short, and she was extremely clumsy. He slowly smiles, nodding his head.

"I think I remember your face, but not your name." He laughs sheepishly and Yoojung gasps.

"You both know each other?! This is so cool!" Yoojung giggles.

"Jaeun," she mumbles, extending her hand. "We were classmates in chemistry class, Mr. Kim, but I hope Jaeun will help you pair my familiar face with a name."

"Ah, Jaeun-ah, now it's all making sense." He laughs. "Anyways, it's nice seeing you here! It makes me a bit more comfortable now knowing that a former classmate of mine is teaching my child. From what I've heard from Yoojungie, your really good at teaching her."

"Ah, really?" Jaeun blushes, before reaching out to gently pinch Yoojung's cheek. "Well, aren't you a cute little one."

Yoojung bursts out into fits of giggles and Taehyung smiles. "I guess we should get going, shall we?" 

"Yes, appa! I don't want to keep Ms. Seol waiting, she's been waiting for you to pick me up since school ended!" She places her hands on her hips and Jaeun laughs. "Sorry, Ms. Seol, Sori-eomma couldn't pick me up today."

"O-Oh, right! Make sure you check up on your mother, alright? Tell her I said hi!" She says before bending down to her level to fix her backpack straps, ruffling her hair but Taehyung notices that Yoojung doesn't mind it one bit. It was almost as if Yoojung was comfortable with Jaeun. "You should go ahead before the skies get dark."

"We'll be leaving, thank you so much for waiting, I don't want to be such a burden.." Taehyung apologizes, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Oh, no worries, Mr. Kim—"

"We can drop the formalities, Jaeun-ah, we were classmates, just call me Taehyung." He smiles and Jaeun nods her head. "And I guess I can just call you—"

"Jaeun," she mumbles, feeling her cheeks heat up. "You can call me Jaeun."

"Well then, Jaeun, I'll see you when I see you! I'll make sure Yoojung is doing her homework," Taehyung laughs and Jaeun giggles. "And maybe we can go out for coffee, maybe catch up on our lives, yeah?"

"O-Oh—uh, yeah, sure, that sounds... great." She smiles almost a bit too bright that Taehyung takes note of it. "Until then, I guess I'll just see you when I see you."

When Yoojung and Taehyung head towards the parking lot, Yoojung tugs at his sleeve. He glances down towards Yoojung, who still has a huge smile spread across her lips. He looks at her with a funny expression.

"Why are you so smiley?" He asks, pinching her cheek as she giggles again.

"You think Ms. Seol looks pretty, huh?" She wiggles her eyebrows. "Ms. Seol is really pretty, someday, I wanna be just like her."

"Ms. Seol is pretty, for sure," Taehyung nods his head, "but I think Sori looks prettier."

"Don't lie to me!" She exclaims, "I saw you staring at Ms. Seol for more than two seconds! If you look at a girl for more than two seconds, that means you have a crush on her!"

"Who told you that?" Taehyung says in between fits of laughter while he buckles her seatbelt.

"No one." She shrugs her shoulders cutely, "you were just looking at her for a long time that I thought that maybe you thought that she looked beautiful, because she is!"

❁❁❁

a/n: yes, another update in the same day! hope you guys like these two updates! until then, still anticipate more angst~ love you!