[ t h i r t e e n ]

[ PRESENT DAY ]

[ PRESENT DAY ]

She woke up to another nightmare, gasping for air. She glances to her right to see Taehyung fast asleep, and she could only sigh with relief, falling back to the bed gently. Looking at him, she trails her fingers across his cheek, and he slowly opens his eyes. 

"Another nightmare?" He asks her through hooded eyes. She nods her head, and he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She snuggles into his chest and soon enough, she hears him fall back asleep, snores getting louder and louder.

She was terrified of her past. She was terrified about Jungkook stumbling into her life. There was no way around it. She couldn't lie about how she felt about Jungkook being her client, about him crawling back into her life without warning. She was scared, she was scared that him coming back was almost like a threat.

"You look like you're out of it."

"Because I am." Taehyung chuckled before he sat in front of her and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. He had just come home from a late night shift at the cafe only to stumble across a drunk Sori sitting at a table all by herself in front of a convenience store. His eyes had trailed down to the three bottles of alcohol that she had already finished, and he came just in time to snatch the fourth bottle away from her hands.

"Since when did you start drinking so much alcohol?" He asked her and she pouted her lips, her eyes bloodshot red and squinting right back at him. 

"Does it matter to you?" She whined. "It wouldn't matter to anyone, no one loves me... they all leave me behind."

"You're shitfaced drunk right now and it's hilarious." He laughed, "as much as I need to take you home before you start throwing up in my car, let me just sit here and laugh at how ridiculous you are right now."

Suddenly, she belted out into a huge cry, beginning to sob loudly that it could wake up the whole entire neighborhood at this ungodly hour. He hushed her, but she only cries louder.

"Jungkook-ah, why did you leave me?! Am I not good enough?!"

He watched her as she continued to cry, and he could only pull her into a tight embrace. His heart was yearning for her, screaming at her that he was waiting for her to wake up and realize that he would do anything just to get her to love him back. He ran his fingers through her long hair as she continued to cry into the soft linen of his sweater.

Taehyung peeps an eye open, secretly staring at her as she stared up at the ceiling with a blank face. He can't help but worry about her. He could see the gears turning in her head, but she was just too good at hiding it with blank expressions. But he could read her like a book, from the front to the back, he knew everything about her... especially when she was deep in thought.

However, the last time he saw her in that state - lost but somehow deep in thought - was when Jungkook had left her.

❁❁❁