Chapter 1-Relocation

"Incendio."

Draco Malfoy burned the parchment he had received from Theodore Nott. It had been quite informative: the Burrow had been fully repaired, so the Weasleys were leaving Grimmauld Place. Pansy and Theo, along with Theo's mum, were moving in with Andromeda and Ted Tonks.

On a new parchment, Draco scribbled a quick thanks for the update and wished everyone the best. He also asked by when they would all be moved out. He rolled it up and tied the letter to Theo's owl's leg, sending the creature on its way.

It had only been a week since Dumbledore had fallen, leaving Draco in quite a bit of frustration. He had been careful to keep the Elder Wand in the secret compartment Hermione had made him a couple years back at all times. The invisibility cloak was always in the pocket of his main robe, Marvolo Gaunt's ring in another pocket.

He was fully aware he possessed all three Hallows, and that made him somewhat uneasy. Draco feared that Voldemort would discover him, especially since the Dark Lord had assured everyone that he was looking for a traitor. If Draco was found out, it would all be over.

His mind wandered to Hermione. He thought of the reassuring smile she would give him as she hid her own anxiousness. How much would she tell Potter and Weasley? Weasley was too volatile to have such confidential information and Potter was still susceptible to tricks from Voldemort. If only Draco hadn't lost the fake Sickle.

Draco rose from his desk. There wasn't a moment to lose. He needed to move Sirius and Ollivander to Grimmauld Place—it was the safest place for them at the moment.

"Fawkes," he called. The phoenix emerged from Draco's closet and floated above his head. Draco reached up and clapped Fawkes's tail. In an instant, he was shoved through a vortex and landed swiftly in Aberforth's office at the Hog's Head. Aberforth was not there so Draco wrapped the invisibility cloak around himself and left the office.

Out in the lobby, Draco noticed Aberforth flipping through an old record book. There wasn't a soul in sight. He approached the old wizard and carefully removed his cloak, clearing his throat.

Aberforth looked up and checked their surroundings.

"Mister Malfoy," he acknowledged. "To what pleasure do I owe this visit?"

"Sirius and Ollivander," Draco said. "They need to be moved. It's too dangerous to keep them here, so close to Hogwarts, where you know the Carrows will be planted."

"I agree. I shall let our friends know. Where will they be moved to?"

"Sirius's house, ex-Order headquarters."

Aberforth nodded his approval. "Is Fawkes in my office right now? By himself?"

Draco sighed. "He'll be fine." After losing Dumbledore, Fawkes had been a little off, but Draco and Duchess had worked over the past several days to ensure the phoenix was alright. "I apologize for the invasion of privacy, but my Floo is being monitored and I have come to distrust vaporizing."

"Not to worry," Aberforth said with eyes reminiscent of his brother. "You are always welcome to enter through my office. It is not easy, what you are doing."

Draco said nothing. He wondered if Aberforth blamed him for his brother's death. "I'll be on my way now." He nodded goodbye to the innkeeper before heading back to Fawkes.

Back at Malfoy Manor, Draco tossed Marvolo Gaunt's ring in his hand. He itched to use it, just so he could see his former headmaster one more time, clarify everything that happened on the Astronomy Tower. But after getting the curse last year, there was no telling what might happen, even though the Horcrux had been destroyed. Cadmus Peverell had fallen prey to the Resurrection Stone's magic and Draco wasn't about to let anything harm him.