Chapter 12-R.A.B

Hermione awoke to the scent of fresh fruit and waffles. She looked around to find the boys still fast asleep so she rose and followed her nose. She was led to the kitchen where Sirius was cooking breakfast.

"Morning, Sirius," she said absent-mindedly.

"Morning, Hermione."

Then she realized. "Sirius?!"

"Not dead, just transported." The man grinned, looking well rested. He checked his watch. "Hmm, Ollivander should be back soon with the paper."

"Ollivander's here?" Hermione exclaimed. "Hold on, I'm not properly awake to be hearing all of this. I'll be back."

She went back to the other living room to make her bed and wake the boys.

"Harry, Ron, come on, breakfast's cooking."

"Idontwannatapdance," murmured Ron.

"Erm, alright then," Hermione decided. "Harry!" she whisper-yelled in his ear with a nudge but not one motion. Whipping out her wand, she said, "Rennervate."

Harry gasped and his eyes shot open. "Blimey, Hermione, what's so" yawn "important that I need to be up?"

"Breakfast, Harry!" she told him before rushing to the bathroom to get ready. When she was done, she found Harry nearly falling asleep at the door.

"Don't take too long," she told him. "There's a surprise waiting for you."

"Is it a Horcrux?"

Hermione rolled her eyes before walking to the kitchen.

On the table were five plates. A stack of waffles was in the middle next to a bowl of fruit. Hermione plucked a grape as she sat down and helped herself.

"Harry should be here soon. And Ron....well, we'll see about that."

Just then, a familiar face strode into the room.

"Ollivander!"

"Ah, Miss Granger!" the old man greeted. "Much thanks for your help last Christmas and my apologies for your subsequent circumstances."

"Wait, how did you know about that? Was it Draco? You've heard from him?" She knew she sounded desperate, but she was.

"Heard from him?" Sirius repeated. "He moved us here from the Hog's Head earlier this summer."

"Do you still keep in touch?"

"Oh, no," Ollivander said, "that would be too dangerous. He put Aberforth in charge of us until we figured out a way to leave the property and return undetected."

"Who's—"

"Sirius."

Hermione spun around to see Harry, a mix of shock, relief, and joy displayed on his features.

"That would be me," his godfather replied.

"You're, you're—"

"Alive, and quite well, thanks to—"

"Ahem," Hermione cleared her throat. "Well, don't just stand there, Harry, I'm sure you're happy to see him!"

"Um, yeah, of course, sorry. I'm in a bit of shock, as it were," Harry rambled.

"Not to worry," Sirius told him. "I've got just the remedy." He turned to the side and presented the breakfast table.

"Thanks." Harry plopped down next to Hermione and served himself.

"So it must be quite boring around here," Hermione remarked.

Ollivander nodded. "There's not really anything we can do. We can't trust anyone, especially after what happened to Mad-Eye Moody."