Chapter 36-The Battle Begins

Within seconds, the group was faced with several dementors.

"Expecto Patronum!" yelled Potter, releasing a fluorescent stag from his wand.

"Quickly, in here!" called a voice. Draco turned to find Aberforth holding open the door to the Hog's Head.

They all ran inside without waiting another moment. Aberforth shut the door and went outside for a brief moment, no doubt to throw the guards off their trail. Soon, Dumbledore's brother was back inside.

"Welcome back, Draco," the older man greeted. "And you've brought friends." He looked to the others as they each introduced themselves.

"I'm sure you've determined by now that I am your old headmaster's brother," Aberforth continued. "He was always very private, my brother. Always meddling in the matters of others, yet never letting a soul seek out his own." He sighed.

"It was you I saw in the mirror," Potter realized aloud. "You sent Dobby to rescue us."

"I did indeed. Where is the house-elf?"

Potter glanced at the others before saying, "He's gone, sir. He was killed."

Aberforth looked at him with pitying eyes. "I'm quite sorry to hear that."

"Aberforth, we need to get inside Hogwarts," Draco told him. "Is there anyway you could help us?"

The man looked at the girl in the portrait behind them and nodded his head. Draco turned to see the girl bow hers in return and take off.

"In the meantime, I sure there's someone you'd like to greet." Aberforth moved out from behind his desk and led them down the hall to a room. He knocked three times, no more, and the door swung open within a couple moments.

"What can we do for you?" asked Sirius, poking his head out.

Aberforth merely stepped aside to reveal the group.

"Draco, good to see you!" Sirius told the first one he saw. Looking next at the Golden Trio, he ruffled the boys' hair and smiled at Hermione. "I'm glad to see you're all well." Finally, he turned to Blaise, and introductions were made. "You'll be wanting to see the others." He led them inside the small room.

Once they were done greeting Xenophilius and Ollivander, Draco stepped forward. "We have reason to believe You-Know-Who is coming here tonight. We've got a couple tasks to complete before dealing with him, but there's no doubt as to what's coming our way."

"We need your help," Potter told them. "Come to Hogwarts with us, and help the students get ready for a fight. And while you're at it, maybe you could send word to the Order somehow."

"I'll send a Patronus," Sirius agreed.

The eight wizards left the room to meet Aberforth back in the lobby of the Hog's Head. Draco could see the girl in the painting coming back, bringing someone with her. She came back to her normal position and the painting swung to the side, revealing none other than Neville Longbottom.

"Harry, Hermione, Ron! I'm so glad you're all safe. Sirius Black! I've heard so much about you. Mr. Ollivander great to see you again after so long. Mr. Lovegood, I presume, your daughter and I were good friends, but I'm afraid I haven't seen her in a long time. Blaise? What are you doing back?" That was when he noticed Draco, standing behind everyone else.

"Malfoy?!" Longbottom exclaimed.

"We'll explain later," Hermione assured him. "We need to get out of here, but for now, you should know you can trust him."

Longbottom eyed Draco warily before reluctantly agreeing. "Alright, everyone follow me."

"Where does this thing lead?" Weasley asked as they all climbed into the hole behind the painting.